“Unexpected Good Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Baton Rouge
“Unexpected Good Food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went on a Monday and it was packed even at 1:15. The place is very large and expanding and we had no wait. Went on previous Trip Advisor recommendations and confirmed they were accurate. It was an enjoyable meal. The decor has a hunting lodge feel with the wood paneling and all the taxidermy. The grilled shrimp poor boy had very large and tasty shrimp on poor boy bread that was tasty. Pricy but very good. The house salad with an asian vignerette was excellent Service was great

Natchez, Louisiana
“Pleasantly Suprised”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went there with a large group of business associates on a Tuesday night. Tuesdays evidently was their $0.50 Osyter Night. The place was packed. They didn't take reservations but we were seated relatively fast. Service was good. The Menu was limited but the food was great and the cost was not over the top. Will definately go back the next time I'm in the area.

Jena, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have enjoyed the food every time I have eaten there. I don't eat seafood but my family does. They love the seafood cheesecake as an appetizer. I usually order a steak, hamburger or chicken entree. Excellent food and service.

Visited July 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The best service I have ever had at a restaurant !! The staff was very friendly and helpful with our selections. The Steaks were cooked as ordered. I would have like more seasoning on my steak but, it was very tender. The sides were awesome and plenty. The house salad was wonderful and very fresh. I would get there early because, they do fill up quick. I will make the 85 mile one way trip to eat here again!

Mississippi
“Must dine!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wonderfully casual, amazingly efficiently run eatery and well worth the trek. Parking lot seems always full, but service and food never suffer. The most delicious seafood and varied menu around and each dish seems to be prepared as if we were the only patrons. Such individual treatment is rare today and delightful surprise. We have dined here several times, both as a couple and with grandchildren. Each visit has been excellent for all. Portions are generous. We particularly like Roux 61 grilled shrimp and fried oysters are fresh and perfectly fried. We will return soon!!

• Visited November 2012

Been to Roux 61? Share your experiences!