“Do not know Sirloin steak from Rib eye”

Roux 61 Seafood & Grill
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Natchez
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My family and I went back to Roux 61 from having a pleasant experience a couple of nights before having a business dinner; however lastnight was a complete disaster. We both ordered Rib Eye's when brought to the table, my order was on my wife's plate and her order was on my plate and then we noticed that it was not a rib eye but a sirloin. we told the waitress and she then brought the manager over, and we explained what we had ordered but that we would just take it, and asked her to adjust the bill accordingly. The manager went in the back to discuss the matter with the chef who said that he served two rib eye's. I said you can plainly see the differance between what is a rib eye and the differance to this which is a sirloin.
I asked if they could not just adjust the bill to the sirloin price for the meal and we were told no. There are better places to get good quality steaks that are seassoned properly, and the correct order. We will not be back

4  Thank Britt016

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We ate at this restaurant last night. We are local and waited a few months after they opened to try it. We went on raw oyster night. The oysters were good. The other food that we ordered was good, as well. My husband got the fried shrimp and it comes in a large portion! We had heard from friends that we should order the alligator sausage cheesecake appetizer. If you go you absoutely need to have this! It was the best thing we ate all night. We will be back. Go early or late because it seems to get busy quick.

Com: Our server was slow. I don't think all waiterstaff is slow but ours was. We arrived at 5:30 and the restaurant was empty but it still took her 15 minutes to show up for a drink order. Yuk!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were on a close schedule and told the manager so. She waited on us herself and we were in and out in 30 minutes. One of the best shrimp poboys ever, and the sweet potato fries are great! As a warning, we went about 11:30 and the place was beginning to fill up. We passed by at about 6:30 and there was quite a line. Either go early or prepare for a wait. Either way, it's worth it.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

This spacious, bucolic restaurant (inside facilities and outside parking), easily located on the main highway (U.S. 61) a few miles south of Natchez, was founded by two New Orleans chefs about two months ago. Considering the generous portions we were served and noticed, I would call this a value-priced establishment. The service was super, and you can tell very easily that this is a well run restaurant. There is a lot to choose from the menu.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Blt was awsome but seafood platter was horrible only thing above par was the catfish.

1  Thank Jcharral