“Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paisano's Italian Grotto - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paisano's Italian Grotto
Cuisines: Italian
Natchez, Mississippi, United States
“Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

This "Mom & Pop" restaurant features Sicilian family recipes bursting with flavor served with a smile, just like eating a great meal at home, but with a touch of class. Decor features a Marilyn Monroe room, a Gone With the Wind room with the only full-size original Scarlett O'Hare poster cut-out, and the front is cafe-style. It can be what you want it to be...ideal for family dining or a romantic dinner for two. The owner makes his own bread, pasta, sausage, biscuits, fruit topping for Saturday's breakfast. I don't know what is NOT homemade from scratch, but it's all really, really good! His pasta sauce is nice and light and doesn't give me heartburn like some do. The antipasto is great...love their house dressing! I just can't say enough good about this little spot...a real treasure.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“It's like Cheers, but in an Italian setting with food rather than beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

Could smell the food from the back parking lot as I was walking to the Coffee Company and I had to stop in. They were compeltely full and so I had to go elsewhere for lunch. Determined not to let this culinary opportunity pass by, I stopped by after work to pick up a to go supper for the hotel. Got one of the medium handmade pizzas they offer - OMG, that was soooo good and the prices are extremely reasonable.

Next day I got there before the advent of the lunch rush, and secured a table with minimal wait (bout 10 mins). It was so worth the wait. They offer half-portions of their main dishes for lunch specials, and believe me - I was full after a salad and the Paisano's shrimp dish - shrimp, mushrooms, onion, in a sauce (tasted like a clam sauce) over linguine. Heaven on a plate. For dessert they have this incredible Italian lemon creme cake - a very light, moist cake that has to be tried to be believed.

I say it is like a Cheers for the attitude when you walk in. It is a husband and wife business that has been open since 2009. She works as a hostess and waitress and her attitude when you walk in is, "well, where have you been - we've been waiting for you! Come on in, and let's get you seated." She remembers customers and greets them by name. She didn't know me enough to remember mine, but she remembered me from yesterday's dinner order and made me feel welcome, almost as if one was coming home.

• Visited December 2011