“No frills hotel met all my needs”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed December 19, 2009

For the price, this is a good hotel. Convenient location; right on the highway, and there are several nearby restaurants. The service was fine - nothing that stood out either way. Standard continental breakfast met our needs. Our room had a bit of an unpleasant smell to it, but my husband and I got an adjoining room with my parents and their room smelled fine. I'm sure we could have changed rooms if we really wanted to but it wasn't enough of a problem to pursue. The bathroom/shower was acceptable - not the greatest. For a one-night stay, just passing through on a cheap road trip, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 27, 2009

i stayed in this motel.when i checked in i got warm welcome from the desk clerk.when i checked in the room the rooms had microwave, freeze.iron board,hair dryer,cofee maker,radio alaram.rooms feel so fresh,bedding was so nice,i got couple extra oillows and towels. for this excellent price room was excellent and nice.in the morning when i went for breakfast it was nice hot brea kfast and andwas happy to see the computer hooked up with highspeed internet for the guest use.overall service was excellent and i reccomend every body to stay in this motel

Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank gunju
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Rooms are pretty clean considering the price. Probably the best value in the area. Free wifi and basic continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed June 22, 2008

When we checked in, the poor girl at the front desk was alone on her first day. She had to call her manager to ask how to check us in. There was no one there to assist her. Once we did get checked in, we went down the little alley that separated our hotel from the one next to it. The smell of the room was the first thing that struck us. It was a musty, almost smokey smell. When we walked into our hotel room, it felt like we had entered Joe's Apartment. There was a large cockroach that greeted us. He was immediately disposed of. The walls were paper thin and we could hear everything the people in the next room were watching. The complimentary "sights of Natchez" folder was slimy and just gross. We immediately checked out and asked for a refund. I will give them credit for refunding our money quickly. Besides that, we never plan on staying at an Econo Lodge again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2008

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable and convenient place to stay in Natchez, this is the place. The bed was fantastic and there was a refrigerator, a microwave, an ironing board, great shower, and it was QUIET. They even provided a small breakfast in the morning of cereal, coffee, biscuits, jam, butter, Jimmy Dean Sausage, bagels and hard boiled eggs! It must be a "special" Econo Lodge because the lobby had a chandelier and curtains in the window like "Tara" from Gone with the wind, so I'm guessing they are making this lobby a theme because of the nearby plantation houses that Natchez, Mississippi is famous for. And you can't beat the price! I think it was something like $70/night. We stayed in room #242. The night manager, Stephanie Kelly was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived at 9:00 pm, she greeted us and answered our questions, and 5 minutes after we checked in, she called to make sure that everything was satisfactory with the room! This is a great place to sleep. As other reviewers have mentioned, it might not be the best neighborhood, but it is a great place to sleep!

I highly recommend this place! The reason I chose it (and the reason I choose anyplace to stay) is that it was recommended so highly on TripAdvisor. I have to say that all of the reviewers were right!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Let's face it: when I book an Econo Lodge I never expect much. We were going through Natchez "on the cheap" but this property was much better than I expected.

First, you should know that this hotel is on the highway and is not very close to the downtown area. Actually the area seems a little "rough". The hotel has a strange mix of truckers, workmen, military men and tourists.

First, the bad: The walls are paper-thin. I could hear TVs and voices from the other rooms. I also heard some "intimate noises" from the room next door. A little disconcerting! There was plenty of hot water but the temperature fluctuated wildly in the shower. Whenever someone in another room flushed the toilet, the water pressure dropped and the water became scalding hot.

Now, the good: The room was large and relatively clean. It also had a microwave, a fridge and a coffee maker. Nice to have those extras. The staff was also very accommodating. I had a problem with the TV and someone was up in less than 5 minutes to correct the problem. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

All in all I recommend this place. It's not fancy but it is clean, cheap and has everything you need. As far as Econo Lodges go, it is one of the best ones I have encountered.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2008

The hotel staff was very nice and friendly. The entire hotel was very clean. The complimentary breakfast includes do it yourself waffles- quite the hit with the kids. Best breakfast i ever had compare to other hotels... Overall- a pleasant surprise. will stay their again...

Stayed: March 2008