“Great restaurant!”
Review of cotton alley cafe

cotton alley cafe
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Natchez
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cotton alley is a quaint cafe located across from the Natchez convention center on main st. The owners have been serving the local community for over 35 years in different eating venues. The restaurant seats about 90 people in upstairs and downstairs areas. We serve local cuisine as well as grilled fish,assorted pastas, steaks, salads and sandwiches. We specialize in many homemade desserts , they are considered a local favorite.
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Went for coffee and dessert -- very yummy! Very nice atmosphere and great service. Will be going back for dinner on our next trip to Natchez.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

While antique shopping in Natchez, we were told the Cotton Alley was a good place to eat. We went on a Saturday for lunch. My husband and I had different entrees. I had the Cotton Alley Pasta with a salad with the house dressing. My husband had seafood gumbo with the Grilled Chicken Breast. Both entrees were excellent. The gumbo was the best I had tasted and I live in Baton Rouge. It didn't have that heavy roux taste. After lunch I had a blueberry cake that was out of sight. I can't wait to go back. The only draw back was the waitress was sidetracked by personal problems. She needed to leave her problems at home.

1  Thank Virginia D
Reviewed July 16, 2014

When in Natchez, be sure to visit Cotton Alley Café. It is over the top! Not only is the service excellent, the food is equally as good. My husband and I had different entrees but both were excellent. The desserts are out of this world-especially the strawberry cake-homemade. Get the dessert to go because you will be full when you leave.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We found this place just across from our hotel, Natchez Grand, when we were walking around. The hotel had not told us about this place.

We had had dinner but wanted a cool dessert and bought 2 cups of great gelato.

The site is wonderful and we wished we were staying another day to sample the food. Menu looked great and diners there seemed to be enjoying themselves greatly. If we are ever in Natchez, we will make this a priority.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Local people recommend us to go have lunch in this restaurant. It was busy but not packed when we came in. There were two tables of for two people open on the right hand side but still we had to wait according the first waiter. Than he sat us down on one of those tables. We waited for the menu to come, and our drinks.... We are European so we are used to wait longer times in restaurants but this was annoying, just on the point we wanted to leave we got the menu and could order our drinks. We had salad and chili as starter and together with that our entree came. There was not even place enough for it but the waiter just pushed in on the little table. His suit wasn't very clean either by the way. Although he waited on other people on in "our corner" he didnt ask if we would like to have refills. The food was just okay, not good and certainly not worth the price. Its overpriced and overrated !

3  Thank Dutchkathy