“Would not even serve coffee 30 mins before closing”
Review of cotton alley cafe

cotton alley cafe
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Natchez
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cotton alley is a quaint cafe located across from the Natchez convention center on main st. The owners have been serving the local community for over 35 years in different eating venues. The restaurant seats about 90 people in upstairs and downstairs areas. We serve local cuisine as well as grilled fish,assorted pastas, steaks, salads and sandwiches. We specialize in many homemade desserts , they are considered a local favorite.
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Everyone recommended this restaurant to us while we were in Natchez -- so we headed over 30 mins before the advertised closing time to get coffee and dessert. However, the owner/manager turned us away upon entering, saying they were closing and that we needed to leave. We said we just wanted coffee and dessert, but he said the coffee pots were already rinsed out, and we couldn't have any. What sort of way is this to run a restaurant??? We were well within the stated hours of the restaurant, at least 8 other customers were still eating their meals, and it would have taken no effort at all to make two cups of coffee. I'm sure the desserts were still available. What an idiotic business decision. I wouldn't go back.

3  Thank paquitaladelbarrio

Reviewed July 2, 2014

A hidden gem in Natchez. This restaurant should be on the reccomended lists at Natchez hotels, and B & B's. It is not a very large restaurant but has a wonderful ambiance. It was eklectic and fun. We talked to the owner and he said he likes to change the interior often. A nice variety of items on the menu to chose from.Our meal was served hot and was excellent. The wait staff was great, informative and friendly. Hats off to Amber for making our meal so enjoyable. I was impressed with the house salad dressing and asked the owner if he would be so kind as to tell me how to make it. (since I told him we were from the Netherlands and I would never share it ) He was delighted to share the ingredients so I could duplicate it at home. Big Thanks to you. Would love to eat here again but unfortunately its a bit far to go for a Saturday dinner. Don't miss this delightful restaurant if you are in or near Natchez.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food and service were excellent. This was away from the river, but the atmosphere was excellent. Great place to celebrate over a meal.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We enjoy Cotton Alley very much and like the larger Main Street location. We always get a table and waited on quickly. The fried shrimp platter is particularly good.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was not my first time to dine at Cotton Alley. I normally have the Salmon Salad and I am always pleased. On this occasion I chose the New York Strip. It was seasoned perfectly and the grilled veggies were delightful.

Been to cotton alley cafe? Share your experiences!