“Time Capsule to the 1800's”

Natchez Pilgrimage Tours Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 11 Tours in Natchez
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been to the Natchez Pilgrimage now for many years. One week I stayed the entire week and went through around twenty home tours. I love houses and I love the feeling of going back into time to see how people experienced their lives during this time period. I plan on going again this year. It is always different and they put many different homes on tour. You can still visit some of your favorite homes because many of them are back on tour from year to year and they mix it up to keep it interesting. I love the history behind each home and I love meeting the people giving the tours as well as visitors that come from all over the United States and the other countries that are in town in Natchez. Each time I have a lot of nice fun and interesting people that also seem to have a good story to tell.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

A little pricey for what you get. . .the tours are nice though. I do like how you can go at your own pace instead of being herded.

2  Thank Marie S
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Our tour bus used a step on guide from the Natchez Visitor's Bureau and she was wonderful! We saw 3 homes, all unique and all well restored. If you like history and old houses, then the Pilgrimage is for you. Certain homes are open the year around, but during the Pilgrimage, a number of private homes are open to the public, and that list varies each year.

4  Thank WireWrapGems2
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were in awe the whole time, we visited these amazing plantation homes. Places we had only seen in books and movies was now in front of us. The architecture and expanse of these places left one breathless.It was truly returning to a bygone day.The whole affair was very well organized. This would be good for all ages. Children would really see what this time was like. Oh yes the greeters also dress in preriod. Really neat.

4  Thank bilo1954
Reviewed April 22, 2012

It is my pleasure to be in this biannual event arranged by Natchez Garden Club since 1930s. Tour tickets (morning, afternoon or combo) can be purchased online or at the visitor center and after that you can go to three houses at your pace or take the shuttle from the visitor center for $3 more (well worth it in my opinion).

I'd like to suggest to go early since you might want to spend more time at bigger house in your tour list and if you are planning to use shuttle, you need to be at the visitor center in time. I was on "pink" tour and visited three houses: the towers (only one available year round to visit), Banker's house (interesting home attached to the bank-- a peculiar requirement at that time) and Ellicott Hill house (with beautiful brick backyard and the place raising the first United States flag in the Natchez District).

Photograph allowed in Banker's house only. The towers is very elegant and owners are dressing in Victorian dresses and showing valuable artifacts, antiques and that is the main reason photograph is not allowed.

7  Thank bigboy61455