“Nice”

Natchez Pilgrimage Tours Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 11 Tours in Natchez
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A little pricey for what you get. . .the tours are nice though. I do like how you can go at your own pace instead of being herded.

2  Thank Marie S

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Our tour bus used a step on guide from the Natchez Visitor's Bureau and she was wonderful! We saw 3 homes, all unique and all well restored. If you like history and old houses, then the Pilgrimage is for you. Certain homes are open the year around, but during the Pilgrimage, a number of private homes are open to the public, and that list varies each year.

4  Thank WireWrapGems2
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were in awe the whole time, we visited these amazing plantation homes. Places we had only seen in books and movies was now in front of us. The architecture and expanse of these places left one breathless.It was truly returning to a bygone day.The whole affair was very well organized. This would be good for all ages. Children would really see what this time was like. Oh yes the greeters also dress in preriod. Really neat.

4  Thank bilo1954
Reviewed April 22, 2012

It is my pleasure to be in this biannual event arranged by Natchez Garden Club since 1930s. Tour tickets (morning, afternoon or combo) can be purchased online or at the visitor center and after that you can go to three houses at your pace or take the shuttle from the visitor center for $3 more (well worth it in my opinion).

I'd like to suggest to go early since you might want to spend more time at bigger house in your tour list and if you are planning to use shuttle, you need to be at the visitor center in time. I was on "pink" tour and visited three houses: the towers (only one available year round to visit), Banker's house (interesting home attached to the bank-- a peculiar requirement at that time) and Ellicott Hill house (with beautiful brick backyard and the place raising the first United States flag in the Natchez District).

Photograph allowed in Banker's house only. The towers is very elegant and owners are dressing in Victorian dresses and showing valuable artifacts, antiques and that is the main reason photograph is not allowed.

7  Thank bigboy61455
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Natchez is an unbelievable national treasure. Everything is beautiful and the homes are without equal. Just being there you feel like you are stepping back in time. I have been going to Natchez for over 20 years. It's probably my favorite place to go. The pageant isn't something I would go to over and over again, but I would definitely recommend seeing it once. It's very sweet and a sort of nostalgic nod to earlier times.

3  Thank TexasTammy