“Just be careful”

Uptown Grocery and Deli
Ranked #27 of 94 Restaurants in Natchez
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Uptown Grocery & Deli is a quaint local deli w/ a wonderful lunch menu famed for our variety of chicken salads, sandwiches and pizza with catering and meals to go. Specialty Grocery store, Butcher, Fresh Seafood and hard to find cooking essentails. Homemade desserts and casseroles. Voted Best Deli and Best Chicken Salad for 7 years and running.
Sandusky
“Just be careful”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband had a piece of plastic in his Reuben and when he brought it to their attention, there was no apology or offer to refund his money. He also got very sick after leaving...could have been something else, but......

Visited July 2012
RichieWalcott, Manager at Uptown Grocery and Deli, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
The incident was apoliogized for and the customer was asked if he would like to replace the item and he said no he wanted to continue eating and it was not a "big deal" I am sorry for the incident but accidents happen every now and then.

St Amant LA
“sandwich shop”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Chicken salad was great. We had the traditional but other options sounded good too. Lots of sandwich choices and some hot food and pizza. Very friendly staff who seemed to know almost everyone who came in . Obviously a neighborhood staple. I'd go back. Try the ambrosia. Yummy!

Visited May 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“The closest grocery store to our hotel.”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Uptown offers "gourmet" packaged foods, a deli, and a variety of onsite prepared microwavable casseroles. I was looking for basic fixin's for a carpet picnic (bread, fruit, cheese) and found them, but with more difficulty than I expected.

Visited May 2012
Thank you for the review. I am sorry it took longer than wanted to find your items but we do have specialty and hard to find items. We hand slice meats and cheeses to order instead of having pre packaged foods. Thank you for stopping by!
Canton, Mississippi
“Perfect for a QUICK and super LUNCH!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The chicken salad was fantastic--and on the best rye bread (my choice)!! Easy to "take-out" or eat in.

Visited March 2012
Thank you so much for your review!
Mobile, AL
“Slow service, OK food”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The Rueben that I had was good but small for the price. My wife's Chicken salad was the same. The worst part was the extemely slow service. We joked the they had to catch the chicken before they made the salad. The ambience was not waht I expected either.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sbamaguy
I am sorry for the slow service but at times when we are busy that happens, if anyone is ever in an absolute hurry just let me know and I will be happy to accomidate. Our sandwich meats are weighted out with every order and the Reuben sandwich boast 1/3lb of meat. I hope the next time you visit our establishment that you have a better experience!