“A great time”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Natchez City Auditorium
Reviewed March 31, 2012

If you enjoy history and a small town atmosphere, you would enjoy this show.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Everyone should see the Natchez Pageant at least once, if for nothing more than the costumes. The ladies and gentlemen are decked out in Hoop skirts and Confederate costumes, and the dances are beautiful. The night I went a few of the men flubbed their lines, but some of the others were so good they made up for it!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The Pageant will carry you back to Old Mississippi making you believe you might have liked to live then...
You'll see some beautiful girls, some beautiful homes and glimpse the "Old South" first hand.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

After reading some reviews I had low expectations but I must say I was thoroughly surprised by how much I enjoyed the Historic Natchez Pageant. The event was well worth the price of the ticket considering how much hard work goes into a production like this, In addition the proceeds go towards the hefty expenses of preserving the beautiful period homes in the Natchez area. I understand there have been some changes made to include speaking parts and more background about the history of all the early inhabitants- including the Natchez Indians and the contributions made by African Americans in the settlement of the area. What impressed me most was the time and dedication required of the performers, many of them age 8-18. After speaking with a local, I learned that these young people begin a rigorous practice schedule months ahead of time, not to mention the out of pocket expenses for the beautiful and elaborate costumes. The sense of community and pride is evident here and in my opinion is to be highly commended. Not to be missed if you are in Natchez during the Pilgrimage Season in March/April.

1  Thank PropertyManagement07
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Although we love Natchez and its heritage, we were very disappointed with paying $15 per ticket for this show. It was out-of-date, without any technological advancements such as lighting, special effects, or even simple smoke-machines. If you are somehow connected with the young children ages 4-17 who perform in this annual wordless, "Tableaux" as the locals call it, then you will appreciate it. If you are unfamiliar with the Confederate Pageant as we were, then you may appreciate the SPOOF of this pageant entitiled, "Southern Exposure" which other guests informed us was MUCH better than this. The pageant seems to boast of affluence, landed gentry, crafted privatized talent, and an almost snobbish elite performance. My wife and I did not care for it. If we had it to do over again, we would have selected the "Southern Exposure" which makes much fun hearted light of the arrogance of the pageant.

4  Thank USHis2ryTeacher