“Awful with a view!”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Madison, Mississippi
“Awful with a view!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've never been treated this bad at a hotel in my life! The lady at the desk is a nightmare! I was treated like a dog. The view was wonderful from my room. Other than the front desk lady everyone else was ok! I did find someone nice that was cleaning rooms. They are not an accommodating hotel. Don't ask for anything. It's the "we might not have it or go get it yourself place". Again I did have a room with a wonderful view of the Mississippi bridge! I wouldn't think about staying there again. Read the poor reviews about this place. Scary!!! The free breakfast was ok. The person who served me was loud as a bear! I feel that who ever owns this place is not interested in quality control. It's not the place for service. The food at the restaurant was good! I'll look for another place next time.

Room Tip: Your chances of getting a good room is 0. The front desk clerk is awful! I called this hotel from 5a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BlueSkys9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Natchez, Mississippi
Reviewed March 26, 2014

If you want to take a "hot shower" you'd better get up before the Bus Tour groups get up for their tours. They are up and at it around 6:00am or so. Also, while I was there, the "hot water" tank went out, per Sh#$ra. All this took place while I was in town to funeralize my terminally ill father. Actually, my son and I had to take an "ice cold shower" on the day of my father's funeral. After speaking with several Front Desk Staff and making calls for the Hotel General Manager, R@#k to call me back, I heard from anyone. It was very disappointing how no one addressed this issue and the substandard level of customer service, while I received all the excuses in the world, and received not one apology, except,"...I am sorry; there's nothing I can do about this as this was beyond our control." I must say, I will NEVER go back to this hotel as long as "I am looking down at the grass."

Take heed folks; there are better hotels located just a stone's throw away, around the corner on Canal Street, unless "cold showers are your thing."

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel may be the best option.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank coldshower01
MN
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The couple of bad reviews had me a bit nervous but it was worth staying here for the view. It's an older property but they are trying. It has a bar and restaurant which is nice when you are traveling a lot. We got great info from a bartender on things to see and do in Natchez. They could stand to upgrade TVs but we weren't they to watch TV.

Room Tip: the view of the bridge is amazing
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MNSnowbird40
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My conceal and carry weapon was removed from its case and stolen. Someone had obviously been going through my personal belongings. Now another gun is on the street. Staff did nothing for me. DO NOT STAY HERE

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank FilmGrip35
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My laptop, my ring and my watch was stolen from one of the rooms at this hotel! I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone! I work in Natchez 5 days a week. On the first night I was there one car was broken in and thursday night another one. So I DO NOT recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank MaGda132013
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Enjoyed our one night stay at this motel, easy access right after crossing bridge into Natchez,
first turn to right. Easy access to downtown historic area. Staff friendly and courteous, knew directions to restaurant we wanted to go to, and accommodated our request to stay for an hour or so extra. Room was large, clean, and had coffee in room.Breakfast was served next morning individually(no buffet), and was very good full breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for room on North side of Motel so you can get good view of Miss. River & shipping.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank enochs
69Joanne_R, Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay next time you are in historic Natchez
Bucks
Reviewed November 24, 2013

After a long drive from Memphis - a very warm welcome from the receptionist. Sat in the bar and shared a delicious bottle of Merlot before dinner which sadly was not great.however, spoke to the other guests who were staying and had a great evening.
Despite the food, the room was great and the next morning the receptionist sorted out my booking for a tour We were taking later in the day.
Great view from the room overlooking the pool and bridge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple