“Stayed there during 2013 Fall Pilgrimage”
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Houston, Texas
“Stayed there during 2013 Fall Pilgrimage”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had a wonderful stay. The room rate was very reasonable compared to other area hotels and I was even upgraded to accommodate my request of 2 queen beds. The room came with a full, hot breakfast that included eggs, bacon, biscuit and grits!. The bar is very nice also with various specials . I enjoyed the "Build you own Bloody Mary" special on Sunday as well as the Sunday brunch. I won't stay anywhere else when I come back to Natchez!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank vicki c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It does have a great view of the Mississippi. Booked for two nights but stayed for one.The hotel was nearly empty with corresponding amount of staff. It had a grand feel about the place,but overall it didn't match up the lobby. The restaurant was very nice again with a great view but sadly was closed.Breakfast was interesting. A cooked breakfast just served up, no choice, don't get me wrong it was good and served by very entertaining waiter.
The pool area was very nice but again none of the facility's were available shame!
The room we had was in the main building, river facing and a suite. It was clean, comfy but i've had a lot better No flat screen TV's. Would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marc M
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Our room was exceptionally cleaned everyday. Housekeeping very attentive. Cabana by the pool is an extra bonus!!! Even though it was closed on Saturday night, the restaurant bar just a few feet away served just as great!! Friendly staff, excellent food, overall a great stay!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank HistoryL
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Main building very nice. However, there is an older building off to the side about 100 ft away. These are not in the pictures or description. It is older, smells of smoke, and our party witnessed some illegal activity on side of this building. When reported to front desk, there was very little concern. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Kemwilkes
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Checked into our room quickly and easily only to find that our non-smoking room had very recently been smoked in and covered up with LOTS of air freshener. Went to front desk and stated our findings. Receptionist was very nice and transferred us to a free upgraded suite.

Wanted to eat supper at the hotel restaurant. Sat at a table and waited and waited and waited. Finally, we left and went to a restaurant in town.

Free breakfast in the morning was very good. Best grits I've eaten in a long time. It's not a buffet. The waiter brings you a plate of bacon, sausage, grits, scrambled eggs and a biscuit. For the great rate we got for this room, I would definitely stay again. Hotel was clean and modern.

Didn't get to swim because pool was closed due to algae treatment, but jacuzzi was open!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river. We got a better room rate calling the hotel directly than from any...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank touringfoodie
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had discovered Natchez about 1 and 1/2 years ago and really enjoyed it. My previous stay was at a different hotel that was VERY nice but because of the reviews I read here decided to give this hotel a chance - BAD IDEA. The place was very crowded and the front desk staff was NOT very accomodating. I had to stay in one of the "wings" and it WAS NOT very nice --- more like a 1980 motel and not a 21st century hotel. The view was nice from the main building, and it looked good there BUT beware - on busy weekends they'll stick you on the sides (at least they did me). There is a lot of work that needs to be done, and I hope they take the time to finish what they have started. The food was OK, but pricey. Most of the staff were tolerable, but a few were not. Not sure where all the "raving" reviews are coming from BUT NOT FROM ME. Will NOT stay here again. The ONLY nice thing about this hotel is the vue!

Room Tip: stay in the main bldg or go down the street to a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TSwish
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

If I was giving a review of this hotel based on previous hotel experiences in all my stays this would just be an ok, average visit and I would not come back. Considering the fact I am in Natchez, MS this is probably one of the best hotels. The view from this hotel is great, looking at the bridge and large vessels slowly passing in the water.
Upon arrival the front desk staff seemed to be overwhelmed and it showed. They were a little rude and wasn't listening very well. I ask to check in and this lady just kinda went off about check in and that no rooms were ready and she didn't know when and she can't call me to tell me when. So I came back to check in later that day and this guy told me that they didn't have rooms, I had to tell him several times I have reservations, then finally he understood and I was able to check in.
The breakfast was ok and came it free with the room, I had great service with breakfast, the server Henry did an great job and was running all over the place and seem to handle the pressures with ease and great attitude. He needs to help the front desk people on this.
Hallways were hot, AC doesn't work. I took the stairs the entire stay because the elevators seem to be on its last leg.
The pool water looked dirty, it was a green color. But the pool and patio area is a great spot with great scenic views.
The casino is very close to this hotel.
If I was to come back to Natchez, hopefully I won't have to, I would stay again, only because of the other hotel options. Great stay only for Natchez, MS.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family