“Ok stay, great for Natchez, MS.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Birmingham, AL
“Ok stay, great for Natchez, MS.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

If I was giving a review of this hotel based on previous hotel experiences in all my stays this would just be an ok, average visit and I would not come back. Considering the fact I am in Natchez, MS this is probably one of the best hotels. The view from this hotel is great, looking at the bridge and large vessels slowly passing in the water.
Upon arrival the front desk staff seemed to be overwhelmed and it showed. They were a little rude and wasn't listening very well. I ask to check in and this lady just kinda went off about check in and that no rooms were ready and she didn't know when and she can't call me to tell me when. So I came back to check in later that day and this guy told me that they didn't have rooms, I had to tell him several times I have reservations, then finally he understood and I was able to check in.
The breakfast was ok and came it free with the room, I had great service with breakfast, the server Henry did an great job and was running all over the place and seem to handle the pressures with ease and great attitude. He needs to help the front desk people on this.
Hallways were hot, AC doesn't work. I took the stairs the entire stay because the elevators seem to be on its last leg.
The pool water looked dirty, it was a green color. But the pool and patio area is a great spot with great scenic views.
The casino is very close to this hotel.
If I was to come back to Natchez, hopefully I won't have to, I would stay again, only because of the other hotel options. Great stay only for Natchez, MS.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked the night before on-line. Thanks to other tripadvisor reviewers, I asked for and received a third-floor, river-view room! The view of the bridge crossing the Mississippi into Louisiana and the river itself is wonderful. Tonight (July 4th) I will be able to watch the fireworks over the river from my room!

My $99 room is a large, well-appointed suite. I called down and extended my stay within minutes. There are plenty of plugs on above and beneath the desk (a pet peeve of mine). There is a small refrigerator and microwave. The Carrier AC is quiet and efficient.

For dinner I ate the pan-seared Hereford filet mignon with Bacon Bearnaise, Mustard Greens and Garlic Potato Cake for $26. It was the best meal I have had since I hit the road two weeks ago (and not the most expensive). High quality steak, perfectly medium rare. The Bearnaise was amazingly seasoned. The greens were sauteed lightly, probably in bacon fat. The house Merlot is excellent.

The complimentary breakfast was plated, freshly prepared fluffy scrambled eggs, fluffy grits, bacon, sausage and biscuit. I would have been pleased if I had paid $10 for it. Tip is not included, so I did leave $2.

The service at both meals was excellent. The views from the dining room are beautiful. The dining room is well appointed and tasteful. There are cloth napkins and tablecloths even at breakfast!

I was a bit concerned knowing this was formerly a casino, but this is a family friendly hotel. There are families with small children enjoying the holiday at the pool. There is a bar serving poolside.

This is very close to the historic downtown, house museums or casinos. Although it is across highway 425, you can reach any of these attractions in 2-5 minutes.

Room Tip: The third floor riverside is the one to get!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank vlbvoyager
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is a gem. The only fault, and I mean the only fault, is it was a bit tricky to find at first. Other then that, wow. Spacious and clean. Updated and classy feel to it. The restaurant is great with a beautiful view. AND, your complimentary breakfast is served there in the morning. They serve you at your table complete with clothe table covering and napkins. A full breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, OJ and coffee.

Now the room. Ask for one overlooking the river and you will be loving it. You can set and watch the barges go under the bridge and try to take in a sunset as well. The pool area has a bar complete with TV to watch ballgames, etc.

My only complaint is one that the staff seemed truly upset about and I hope nobody gets into too much trouble for. About 3 AM we heard people down in the pool. They were not necessarily rowdy, just talking loud enough to keep us awake. After about 30 minutes or so I finally called down to the front desk to ask for assistance as the pool officially closed at 10:00 and we really did need to get some sleep. I know somebody came down to talk to them and a few of them left. But about 6 remained another 30-40 minutes still talking fairly loud. When checking out they asked about our stay and I told them that everything was perfect except for the middle of the night pool party. The lady seemed genuinely upset and very sorry about this. She said the security guard should have been right out there and made them leave immediately. And kept an eye on the pool area to make sure nobody returned. She assured me she was going to get to the bottom of this.

If you have any doubts about staying here, don't. This is a great place to stay in Natchez and the price is more then reasonable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank marie_kansas
Heavener, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

had a great view of the river excellent breakfast in the mornings close to what we wanted to see was easy to find good values rooms was serviced everyday quiet room with good a/c would stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank stephen h
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the size and decor of our room at the Vue Hotel. The view was unbelieveable. The view outside our window overlooked the pool and hottub,BUT, the best view overlooked the Mississippi river bridge which was lit at night giving off a beautiful glow on the water. We watched tugs push barges up and down the river, saw tour river boats dock at the port of Natchez while the water birds swirled around the boats looking for stirred up fish. The staff at this hotel were very nice and accommodating. The air conditioning and cleanliness were the best. Beds were very comfortable. No complaints!!

Room Tip: When booking, ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nacgrapenut
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wonderful experience, great hotel very clean comfortable rooms. The staff is awesome , very kind, helpful and knowledgeable. Fantastic pool with a bar and a view of the mighty Mississippi river bridge . Sit back at night around the pool with a cocktail and enjoy the lights of this beautiful site. There is a casino near by if you get bored, but not likely this place feels like home. The Restaurant has a wonderful staff and the food is good. This hotel has it all you never have to leave.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at least on 3rd floor or higher pool side, you will get the view of the bridge at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Travelgrl2008
Brookhaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Vue for the weekend when my son got married. The staff was so accomodating and nice. The rooms were very nice (We had one overlooking the river...beautiful view!!). The hotel has been remodeled and the restaurant is beautiful. We had wanted to have my son's rehearsal dinner there (with the river view and wonderful food), but it was already booked. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, not the ordinary cereal and danish you usually get as a complimentary breakfast. I would certainly stay here again. The room rates were very affordable. The only thing I would suggest is and easier way to find it on the internet. We were familiar with Natchez, but it might be hard for others to find. .

Room Tip: Ask for the river view....beautiful!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank grandma-39601
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natchez
Natchez Grand Hotel
Dunleith
Dunleith
#3 of 16 in Natchez
4.5 of 5 stars 217 reviews

Been to Hotel Vue? Share your experiences!