“Stylish and sleek: Old world class in a modern friendly environment” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Natchez Manor Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Natchez Manor Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
fayette, ms
“Stylish and sleek: Old world class in a modern friendly environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

The web site says it all and the photos ring true, but our stay there exceeded expectations. We've decided it was the cleanliness and freshness of the rooms and the common areas of the hotel, coupled with the beautiful design and southern hospitality by all the staff. Oh, and the wonderful food, especially dinner. The bar is my favorite place in the hotel, probably the most beautiful and artful bar in Natchez. The wine was delicious and the music was just terrific! Hats off the Natchez Manor for showing us such a nice time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ConstantComment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

Compared to hotels, the Natchez Manor is superb. Compared to other bed and breakfasts, it's probably middle-of-the-road. The two types of businesses are very different, because of the different sort of experience a traveler desires. Hotels are for people looking for a place to stay while they're doing something else (at a conference, etc.). A bed & breakfast is the desired experience, in and of itself. I wanted some quality time with the fiancee, and I wanted to explore downtown, so the Natchez Manor fit the bill.

The Pros:
- The Natchez Manor is less than a year old, so almost everything feels clean and new. It was an old commerce building, similar to the others downtown, but it was entirely renovated into a bed and breakfast.
- It's directly on Franklin Street, one of the main downtown streets, so you're just a few steps away from a coffee shop, all types of stores, and some good restaurants to choose from. I didn't really want to stay at an old plantation home on this trip, because I thought the hosts might be a bit nosy.
- The bed was massive and incredibly comfortable.
- The bar downstairs in the basement was fun to visit after dinner. We got a couple of beers and listened to the band play some jazzy tunes. They probably played from about 8pm to 12:30am on a weekend night, and we could hear them from our room. So if you are looking to go to bed early without hearing any noise, this might not be your thing on the weekends. But I wasn't looking to go to bed early, and I came to the Natchez Manor specifically because I heard about the downstairs bar and live music.
- I got to pick my themed room on the website.
- Non-smoking

The Cons:
- Bed and Breakfasts are generally expensive, since you're looking for a place that pampers you a bit. I spent about $200 bucks, which was more than I'd like. But that's about what you'll spend at most standard B&Bs. You get free coffee and food in the morning, which would otherwise cost you $20 or so, for two people. At Natchez Manor, the breakfast was grits, bacon, eggs, and toast.
- Most B&Bs have a cocktail hour or complimentary wine set out somewhere. The Natchez Manor's guest packet said they had a cocktail hour around 4pm, but the host didn't mention it when we arrived (around 4pm), and since we didn't see anything going on, we didn't really bother to ask.

Random info that might be helpful:
- Free wireless internet
- Easy parking out front (on a weekend, at least)
- Nice rooftop terrace (but it was raining while we were in town)
- Big flat-screen TV (never turned it on) and DVD player
- Very few other people at the hotel, which you might like or might find random.
- Couldn't figure out if my window opened....
- We could control our own air temperature.

All in all, I'd recommend the Natchez Manor to anyone looking for a downtown B&B with cleanliness, privacy, and a little nightlife. I don't splurge on B&Bs often, but if I'm in town again on a weekend, I'd certainly visit the bar downstairs for the live music.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank musictraveler57
Springfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

All rooms and facilities have been recently updated and have a cozy atmosphere, and the staff were all professional and accommodating. Additionally, the location could not be better. In downtown Natchez, there are plenty of shops and restaurants to visit, and a beautiful view of the Mississippi River is only a few blocks away. We recommend the Natchez Manor to anyone travelling through or to Natchez.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jackson, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

I had the opportunity to say in the Empress Enyla Suite which was gorgeous. The suite provided me with all the amenites to increase my serenity. I enjoyed a good nights sleep and woke up feeling refreshed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
laurel, mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

When I entered the hotel, I knew that this was the place for me. The foyer is a mix of modern and old southern charm. The staff was very friendly and the living experience was second to none from beginning to end. The Princess Enyla Suite is spectacular. The sitting room is reminiscent of a southern plantation and yet every modern accomodation is available...from flat screen televisions to fully tiled showers. The Natchez Manor is a splendid bed and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Jackson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

Attended a forum with colleagues and from the time I entered, the staff was friendly, accommodating and most professional. We had dinner at the Holly Shop Cafe. I had the best gumbo I've ever eaten. The salad with balsamic dressing and crushed nuts was tasty. I had Paneed Redfish with lump crab meat (lots of it) and the sauce was mouthwatering. The dessert tasted like strawberry shortcake yet it was vanilla ice cream with a strawberry sauce. The Chef is exceptional. We then went to the basement Franklin Street Bar. When you walk in, you can easily imagine being in New York. The bartender mixed the kinds of drinks, I love. No expense was spared for my room. The art work, rugs, accents were all tastfully done. The bed felt like I was sleeping on air. The mattresses must be five star. I have stayed in a many of hotels. I have never smelled linen or towels that were so fresh. Natchez Manor is a must visit. Oh, I forgot about the Roof Top Terrace. It was raining buy it is partially covered so we could walk out and enjoy the night air and see a place that we wanted to sit and chat and just enjoy.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

For everyone looking for a modern hotel with great food-look no further. The Natchez Manor has many lovely rooms to choose from that feature comfortable beds, flat screen tvs, and wi-fi. My husband and I ate there for dinner and the food was spectacular. For appetizers, we had the Barbara-Q-Shrimp that was mixed with creole seasonings and sauce. For our entrees, I had Shrimp Cardinal, sauteed shrimp w/ pink vodka sauce, and my husband had the Braised Short Ribs. For dessert, we had bananas foster and a delicious white chocolate bread pudding. The Chef, Napoleon, was also very friendly and came out to see if the food met our expectations. Afterward, we had drinks at the bar which is located in basement of the building. We stayed at the bar for a while since they had a live jazz band and nevertheless great drinks. I'd recommend Natchez Manor to anyone who's looking for a nice boutique B&B w/ modern decor and great food!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple