“Wonderful place to stay”

Bisland House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 40 Natchez B&B and Inns
Burns, Tennessee, United States
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

First experience with a B&B and it was a home run! We booked thru the Natchez Trace B&B service and let them know we had bikes. We were welcomed at the porch with a place to park out of the weather (not something I expected at all). It was like staying with friends. We felt so welcomed and decided at the last minute to stay an extra night. Being that we didn't reserve the room in advance we moved for the second night, so we had the pleasure of staying in two of their lovely rooms. The decor is beautiful, the food is wonderful, the rooms are comfortable and they know just how to make you feel at home. I would make the trip JUST to stay there!

Room Tip: Michelle's room is a bit smaller than Jessi's room.
1 Thank Teresa S
Christine T, Owner at Bisland House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed there on short notice, we called after arriving in natchez and they accommodated us immediately ! Biker friendly, Great house , superb breakfast , excellent host ! Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank N8shoreS
College Station, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We only stayed in Natchez one night, but our visit was wonderful in large part due to our wonderful experience at Bisland B&B. We had the smallest room, we only called a few hours before arriving, but the room was comfortable, quiet, and beautiful. We loved the house! Breakfast was wonderful, the best of our week-long vacation which included two other B&B's. The egg souffle was delicious. We will be back!

Room Tip: The Danielle Room is the only one downstairs. The Michelle Room is small and the bathroom very tigh...
New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at Bisland house and were disappointed that we couldn't have stayed longer, the home is very well maintained , warm and inviting. The owner has gone to great lengths to think of everything that a visitor might need during their stay, she has information in every room on dining and places of interest in the area, the room was large and comfortable.
The house is quiet and we didn't even realize that there were 2 other couples staying that night, we thought we were alone, I would recommend to anyone for a pleasant night stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine T, Owner at Bisland House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Bisland House on July 30. The place is well-located on a quiet street just a few blocks from the center of town. Parking is on the curb out front, but we had no difficulty in finding a spot. We had previously spoken with Christine in making reservations and advising of our arrival time. She greeted us at the door, was friendly, and introduced us to the house and its facilities. The house was very clean, and we had no problem with either the bedding or the bathroom. Free internet was available throughout the house. Bottled water, cokes and coffee were always available. I would have preferred some extra food--milk and cereal--to be available for late night snacks, but this was not available here (nor did I request this); this is not a usual offering from B&B's but is at some places. The decor of the house will appeal to some and not others--it depends on if you like Victorian style. There were lots of frills, shades and laces covering all the bedroom and bathroom windows--we never did see outside from our room. This style was not to our liking but is a matter of personal taste. Guests can sit outside on an upstairs porch if desired. Breakfast is served promptly at 8:30. The homemade jelly was delicious. I did not care for the egg souffle with sausage (in addition to the bacon strips), but again, this is a matter of personal taste. I did not request any special meal selections. We sat across the breakfast table from a couple who were very enthusiastic about their stay here and offered to post a very favorable report. I hope that they did.

Room Tip: We stayed in "Jessi's Room" upstairs. It had a queen sized bed plus a single bed alon...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank David K
Thank you so much for your kind review. I only wish you would have asked for your late night cereal and milk. I usually have cookies out for a late night snack. Sometimes they go quickly. Since I do a full breakfast in the mornings, I don't usually keep much cereal in the house. But I usually always have honey nut cheerios(my husband's favorite). I am sorry you didn't like the egg soufflé'. I don't eat eggs myself, so I always ask preferences for breakfast. I hope I did not forget to ask you. Most people expect the fancier breakfast, some just like basic scrambled eggs grits, and bacon. I have been known to serve a boiled egg and toast upon request. Our Victorian décor is a matter of preference as you say. As a note for future guest who may stay in Jessi's room, you can pull up the shades. Since our neighbors are so close, the shades and the curtains are meant for privacy. You are certainly welcome to pull the shades up and the curtains back. Overall it sounds like you had an enjoyable stay with us. If you do decide to come back, remind me of your desire for cereal and milk at night, and I can let you pick the breakfast. :)
Best regards. Christine
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After deciding to try a bed and breakfast for the first time for our 30th anniversary, we read the reviews on trip advisor of the B&B's in Natchez. Bisland had so many positive reviews we decided to give it a try. It most definitely didn't disappoint! From the moment we walked through the front door and smelled cookies baking, to chatting with Christine in the foyer when we left, everything was just perfect. We were a little early checking in but we didn't have to wait, our room was clean and beautiful. The mini fridge upstairs was right outside our door and was stocked with cokes and water. Downstairs coffee was available to have with our cookies. The furnishings in the home were beautiful. The next morning we were awoken to the smell of fresh hot coffee in a carafe outside our bedroom. We went down stairs at 8:30 for a wonderful breakfast. Everything was delicious. The sausage soufflé and brown sugar bacon were amazing! The sheets were so soft and Christine told us how we could buy some for ourselves. All in all this was a perfect getaway for us!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sandykay0601
Thank you.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at Bisland House for two nights with their amazing package including a the house tour and a carriage ride. The owners are so nice and willing to accommodate you in every way. They helped us choose eating places, things to see, etc. Breakfast was incredible every morning! Very nice house filled with amazing people

• Stayed July 2013