“Hospitality with a smile”

Bisland House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 23, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Natchez, Ms for a quick weekend getaway. From the moment we arrived to our last good-bye, Christine and Byron were top notch. They were awesome! Every night when we came back from dinner, there were always chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us! I was especially taken with the beauty of the house. We stayed in Danielle's room which is the downstairs room. I can tell you first hand, the pictures of the house on the website do not do this place justice! This place is gorgeous! Breakfast every morning was delicous as well. Christine was very accomodating to everyone's tastes. All in all, we could not have asked for a better stay!

2  Thank andreatayve

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We only had the one night at Bisland House, but we should have stayed longer. The house is beautiful and Christine was very welcoming. It's a short walk to the river and the main shopping street. Breakfast was great. What more can I say? If you're in Natchez - stay there.

2  Thank Rick61
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We were extremely impressed with the personal attention and amenities Christine provided from the moment we arrived until the last good-bye. The late afternoon refreshments and helpful tips for shopping and dining, in addition to the wonderful breakfasts, all contributed to an awesome time in Natchez. We run a B and B ourselves and seldom find a place that impresses us this much. Christine truly loves being an innkeeper and cares about her guests! An awesome experience!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sapphire63
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Oh my gosh! We didn't really know what to except since this was our first time, but we know comfort and hospitality when we see it and that is exactly what we got! Christine was so helpful from the moment we called to make reservations. She made reservations for us to go on a carriage ride on the day we arrived and she made our dinner reservations at the Magnolia Grill, which we highly recommend! We arrived just as the sun was setting over the river, beautiful!! The Bisland home is beautiful and quaint and all of the rooms are gorgeous! We stayed in Jessi's room which was to die for, so vintage and quaint! Breakfast was nothing short of awesome, with homemade banana fritters, biscuits, fruit, scrambled eggs and grits....I mean, what more could you ask for?? This was our first time in Natchez, we went for a quick weekend get away and just didn't want to do the whole hotel thing. Christine and her husband Byron are warm and friendly and go out of their way to make sure that you are comfortable. When we arrived back to the house after our fabulous dinner, Christine was sitting on the porch with some other guests and said "let me make you one of my special cocktails!" and that she did! They were amazing! She even helped my husband surprise me with roses in the room, when he called her the week before our arrival. Our room was set up with the roses on the bed, petals scattered over the bed and a bottle of champagne and two glasses....it was so romantic! We will definately go back to Bisland house if we ever visit Natchez again!

1  Thank Pattipoo2
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Bisland House was absolutely wonderful! My husband and I have never stayed at a B&B until visiting Bisland House. Christine made our stay romantic. She helped pull off my surprise with a carriage ride..my husband had no idea. It was so much fun and so relaxing. Everything was so clean and beautiful. The breakfast was awesome. Christine provided drinks and cookies throughout the day, including coffee and hot chocolate for our carriage ride. It was our first stay and it will not be our last. We absolutely loved it! Thanks again Christine for all you did for us!

Tony & Wendy Marino
Florence, MS

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I went to Natchez for one day to see Longwood House and decided to stay at Bisland House. It turned out to be a really good decision! Christine and her husband were wonderful hosts, and the room (Michelle's Room) was exactly as pictured. It was charming, comfortable and just what I needed. Right outside my room was a fridge filled with complimentary soft drinks and bottled water. Having access to the upstairs veranda was wonderful! I could use my laptop, have a drink or just relax on the porch swing. Breakfast was fantastic! It was filling and delicious, and I enjoyed talking with Christine and Byron during the meal.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My husband and I truly enjoyed our trip to Natchez and our stay at Bisland House. Christine is an awesome innkeeper/hostess!! She rocks!! The house is beautiful and she had everything handy to make our stay comfortable. She provided an absolutely awesome breakfast each morning along wih her friendly hospitality. She also had refreshments for us each evening and had a champagne toast available for New Years Eve night. The house is also within walking distance to the historic district. There is really no reason to stay in one of the fancy mansions unless you just want to pay a lot of extra money!! Everything you want is here, but at a much more reasonable price!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple