WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Eola Hotel

Eola Hotel
Ranked #12 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Louisiana
“Made our trip better than I'd hoped for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

When we got to town, we found our reservation at a smaller B&B was cancelled due to the owner having a medical emergency and we had nowhere to stay. My husband called around and finally found this Inn had a room available and the manager offered it to us at the same lower rate as the other B&B would have been. The room was great, right by the balcony. Breakfast was good and the kids loved the cake served in the afternoon. The porch, balcony, dining room and courtyard were all beautiful and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The manager went out of her way to be friendly with my kids. We had a great stay and plan to return this summer.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank OedipaMaas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Austin TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

This is a very pretty inn, and I think if our room had been in a different part of the building, it would've seemed quite nice. Unfortunately, our first-floor room (I think it was No. 157) had a single window that only looked out on a blank, two-story brick wall that was probably not more than 4 feet from the window. The result was a room that was so dark that it felt rather cave-like. Considering how expensive the accommodations are at this inn, the room was a disappointment.

If you're considering staying here, I'd probably suggest trying to get a 2nd-floor room and might also try asking in advance whether the room has any sort of a view.

On the upside, the breakfast was quite good, and the staff seemed nice enough.

• Liked — The large, pretty verandas.
  • Disliked — Our room was like a dark cave.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dtx
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2007

The Natchez Historic Inn is a lovely antebellum home in the historic section of Natchez just a few blocks off the river. The rooms were beautiful. The home is wonderfully decorated with antique furniture. It was nice just walking around the house and looking at the furniture pieces. The room includes a full breakfast in the morning and if you consider how much that would cost, this bed and breakfast really isn't much more than staying at a good motel. Be sure to bring some wine and have a drink on the veranda in the evening. That was the best part of our stay in Natchez. We are older so we don't go for the night life that is available in Natchez. But lounging on the veranda was a whole lot better than watching tv at a motel. We will stay at the historic Inn whenever we are in Natchez. I hope you do too.

• Liked — the anique furniture
  • Disliked — They had extra thick pillow top mattresses but didn't use the extra deep fitted bottom sheets so they sometimes untucked.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tonka11_99
nowhere
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

I had my wedding at the Natchez Historic Inn in March, and let me tell you it was a heck of an experience. The manager almost ruined my wedding day and after a long involved story she apologized. The other two girls who were working there were awesome, they made up for all the trouble we had with the manager. My wedding turned out to be a beautiful day, and I am happy that we chose that spot minus the manager. The food was wonderful, and the flowers were awesome. My parents stayed a few more days and apparently the cook walked out b/c of the manager and they were sent somewhere else for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sabraw4593
Huntington. W.V.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

When reserving my room as an individual traveling with a group, we were told that the cancellation fee's were waved and that we had 24 hours to cancel as an individual. I was to arrive on Thursday June 14 and stay for 2 nights. However due to my Father's surgery I had to cancel. I called on Wed. June 13th. They refused to honor the policy they previously stated concerning cancellations. After an argument they did agree to charge me for only one room. I am out $143.50. Debbie Chapman Riggs

Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank Huntington_W_V_Chap
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2007

The Inn is in downtown Natchez, near the river, historic properties, shopping, restaurants and the cemeteries. The staff is very friendly. The rooms have high ceilings and great furnishings. The bathroom was a bit small, but well appointed. If you are looking for a place to stay that mirrors the flavor of the town, this is the place. You should consider staying upstairs. The ground floor rooms are generally quiet, but when breakfast started and we were trying to sleep late, people coming in off the street to eat kept us from sleeping. The breakfast was acceptable (eggs, grits, bacon, biscuits), but nothing to write home about. Don't miss enjoying the front porch in the evening for a drink. They have a well-stocked bar and very good, house-made hors d'oeuvres, highlighted by the tasty onion dip the night we were there. The staff was accommodating of our late checkout and we had a wonderful time.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank coastangel
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2006

What a wonderful stay!!! I recently stayed at the newly renovated Inn and I must say that this is without a doubt the best place to stay in Natchez. I learned that it was purchased this year by one of the legends in grand Southern interior design, Buzz Harper, and it is certainly reflected in the property and the wonderfully appointed rooms. I greatly enjoyed having evening cocktails in the area that reminded me of a proper gentleman's parlor as well as the fabulous made-to-order breakfast in the elegant dining room. The bed was heavenly and the room was very spacious with beautiful furnishings.
I highly recommend this inn to those seeking comfort, elegance and attention to details. I loved my stay so much that I am returning in three weeks with friends!!

• Liked — Grandeur and Elegance and Food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Visit parlor for evening cocktails