“Pleasurable memories . . .”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Highpoint Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 4, 2006

We stayed at Highpoint a few years ago, and it was a very memorable stay. They did have dogs and cats in the house - and we still believe a few "spirits" may have been there as well. Frank and John were extremely nice, gracious hosts. They even sent us a very nice Christmas card that year. The food was delicious. We still have very fond memories of our stay there. The next time I'm down in Natchez (and I definately plan to go back) I will stay there again, or at least go by and say "hello".

Stayed: March 2002
1  Thank ashp
Reviewed May 8, 2006

Highpoint Bed and Breakfast was the low point of an otherwise wonderful trip down the Natchez Trace. As a previous writer points out the proprietors told us when I made these reservations that the property had pets; specifically a cat and dog. That should have been the warning! This property has many pets and reeks of animal urine, the cats were on furniture the dog has run of the house and numerous cats serenaded us that night outside. We had rented the property for the evening as we were traveling with a group, what an embarrassment and frankly I am ashamed of myself for simply not saying “We are not staying in a property in this condition!” Instead we minimized our time in the property, attempted to sleep through the night and departed at 6:25 AM! The property owners are nice enough old fella’s that I didn’t want to insult/argue with over their home/B&B’s condition; but if they plan to continue running this as a business property it simply must be cleaned up. Until that time I would not stay in this property again for any reason.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank TNtraveler017
Reviewed April 18, 2006

When we called to make reservations, my husband was told there were "pets in the home." One would assume in the living quarters of the host(s). There were TWENTY-TWO cats! Only 3 were allowed in the house and 1 dog, but they were allowed to go anywhere! John, one of the hosts said "we try to keep them off the guest beds." Outside and inside, the odor of male cat spray was overwhelming. The inn was overrun with cat hair also. The bathrooms had not been cleaned, at least there was old toothpaste in the sink and splatters on the mirror. The food was acceptable, although there was no variety to speak of, having the same fruit mixture, creamy eggs, and biscuits w/bacon and sausage. When we drove up, we were at the back of the house where all the cats congregate and there were multiple cat dishes on the steps, not a very ascetically pleasing sight. The yard had not been mowed in a while and was grown up. The porch furniture had not been cleaned (lots of dirt and cat hair) not was it done while we were there. The porch and steps were in great need of sweeping. Very disappointing. The hosts were very nice men. They just need to retire, as they indicated they are soon.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank PauletteGreenbrier
A TripAdvisor Member
El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed March 21, 2004

I can recommend the Highpoint very highly. My wife and I just returned from a 4-day, 3-night stay in Natchez. The owners, Frank and John, are very friendly and very hospitable. The King Room was very nice...extremely comfortable bed...well furnished...very homey! The plantation-style breakfasts were tremendous...delicious and all you could eat. Each evening there would be a social hour on the porch with beverages, snacks, and great convesation with the owners and other guests...a great way to get acquainted. They were very helpful in procuring reservations at local restaurants for supper. We plan go back next year!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member