“Main property is beautiful; beware when booking riverview rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunleith

and 1 more site!
Dunleith
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Houston, TX
“Main property is beautiful; beware when booking riverview rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2004

We had booked one of the riverview rooms located not at the main house, but downtown (these rooms are located over Bowie's Tavern). The room was gorgeous - king size bed, beautiful large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower. A large balcony overlooked the Mississippi River. Great location, within walking distance of everything downtown. We were very pleased until about 11 pm when we were ready to go to sleep. There was a live band downstairs in the tavern that played until 2 am. The music was so loud that the walls and floor were shaking. It was as if our bed were located inside the bar, and it was absolutely impossible to go to sleep with the noise. We were miserable.

When we returned to our room the following evening around 8 pm, the music had already started and it was so loud inside our room and on the patio that we could not even carry on a conversation without shouting at each other. We were not willing to endure another night in this room. Luckily there had been a last-minute cancellation and we were offered the chance to move to a room in the main house. This room was beautiful and very quiet. We loved our stay there and the breakfast was wonderful. I would highly recommend the main property but would never again book a riverview room. The only people who will be able to enjoy a riverview room are those who are not going to return to the room until 2 am or later.

29 Thank LLRS1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2004

We visited Natchez for the first time over Labor Day weekend on a whim. The room was spectacular, with long velvet drapes, crystal chandelier, and jacuzzi tub. We stayed in the Robert E. Lee room, but I am sure all of the second floor rooms are stunning. The breakfast was delicious, and dinner at The Castle on the grounds was as good as any 4 star restaurant in New Orleans. They also had an extensive wine list that included some of our favorites. They have a lovely pool, and the service is exceptional. When we visit Natchez again, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2004

My husband and I recently stayed at Dunlieth Plantation Bed and Breakfast in Natchez, MS. Dunlieth is truly a wonderful place to stay. The staff was excellent. The grounds of the plantation home are immaculate and exceptionally landscaped. There is even a resident cat, Precious, to get acquainted with. My husband and I spent part of our evening rocking on the front gallery enjoying the scenery and cool breeze. Later, we dined at the finest restaurant we have ever experienced - The Castle - located on the grounds of Dunlieth Plantation. The meal we had was so outstanding that words can't describe it. The desserts were incredible and the coffee was outstanding. We highly recommend this lovely bed and breakfast!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2004

Recently my wife and I spent a night at Dunleith while exploring Mississippi. Had a fabulous room in the main house, functioning fireplace, jetted tub, 15' ceilings and a huge room.

Every staff member we met was very friendly.

Had dinner on site in their restaurant. Was one of the best meals we have ever had.

This place is beyond 5 out of 5.

If you are staying in Natchez, Dunleith is the place to stay, and more than worth the price.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2004

I spent three wonderful days at Dunleith on a business trip. My room had a fireplace and was so comfortable. The staff is excellent and is ready to provide whatever service you request. I was there during the Christmas holidays and the decorations was beautiful.I am actually going back soon and taking my husband, so he can experience the pampering and eat at the Castle.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Barbados
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2003

We spent a wonderful Christmas at Dunleith this year. The grounds were wonderfully decorated for the holiday season and the Christmas Day Lunch at their restaurant "The Castle" was delectable. We stayed in Room #102 and were very pleased with the amenities. Everything in our room worked just fine, including the fireplace. The only suggestion I would make to management is it's time to replace some of the towels. We had two bath towels and a bathmat that all had holes the size of a quarter or bigger. Otherwise, I thought everything was first rate and would happily stay there again.

9 Thank daylily1
Cottonwood, La.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2003

My cousin and I recently took a short get away to Natchez. We wanted to stay at a bed and breakfast/plantation, but we crossed them out, because we also wanted a pool. While sitting in a hotel room, thumbing through a brochure, There was Dunlieth. There at the bottom of the page was the pool. We quickly checked out and went to Dunlieth. It was the best. The people were great. We had a room with a full bed, twin bed and fireplace. And We weren't in the expensive rooms!!! The complimentary breakfast is to die for. There is a gift shop and bakery.
There's nothing like sitting on the veranda of a plantation, drinking spritzer's. (from the Old South Winery)I'm hoping to get back there later in the year. It's definately a must stay!!!!

17 Thank 2spooky2