New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Linden Bed and Breakfast

Linden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Stamps, Arkansas
“Sister getaway - Oct. 2010”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My sister and I stayed at Linden during October 2010, in the Cecile room shortly after the Fall Pilgramage. I had never stayed in a B & B before and didn't know what to expect. However, Mrs. Feltus was very kind and helpful. She is a little hard of hearing and tends to "yell" when she speaks, and after reading previous reviews I can see how others who did not know this may perceive her as "tempermental" and mean to her staff. She's not. Our room was charming and clean. We just soaked up the ambience of staying in such a historical home. It was a thrill. The breakfast was delicious. I had never eaten grits, but am now a regular consumer of them having been converted by Mrs. Feltus' breakfast! LOL! Her staff was friendly and so very helpful to me in particular. On our last day there, I woke with a severe headache and began throwing up. My sister got up and got ready, packed our bags, helped me dress, and then went down to breakfast. When asked where I was, she informed them of my condition. Mrs. Feltus sent tea and toast up to me in my room so that I could at least take some nourishment. If that is not kindness, I don't know what is. I can't thank them enough for their hospitality. I would recommend Linden if you want a home with history and atmosphere, but not if you want a hotel. This is for those wishing to experience true southern history and history. p.s. ask them about their resident ghost.

Room Tip: Go to Lindenbandb.com to choose your room. We did. It was great.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Straxt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Idalou
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

What intrigued me most about my Linden experience during the Fall Pilgrimage was the hostess, Mrs. Feltus, who gave the best tour of all the houses we visited, probably because she has lived in Natchez for decades. We wished we could have visited with her more, but she had a house to run plus she enjoyed a rich social life.She's a spunky lady whose quips delighted us thoroughly. We five Texas gals thought the breakfast biscuits were the most divine. A wonderful experience and a most lovely time. I shall always long for more time on the gallery....
Jan from Texas

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Idalou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at the Linden home during the fall pilgrimage. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there! The home is lovely and the tour given by Mrs. Feltus is superb! She has antiques that I saw in no other homes. She is a fabulous hostess and is full of information - not only about the history of Linden and Natchez, but also where you should go to eat for lunch!

The rooms are very large and bathrooms are pleasing also. Her staff cooks a delightful breakfast and it is promptly served.

I recommend the Linden home for your stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

My husband, myself and our best friends were the only guests of Ms. Jeanette's on Dec. 27th. We were on our way to New Orleans for New Year's Eve. We spent one night and had breakfast with Ms. Jeanette in their beautiful diningroom. She was a wealth of info. and we learned soooo much. We absolutely loved it. I cannot thank her enough, especially for the milk punch recipe.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

In all of our years of travel, our time at Linden was one of our most memorable stays we have ever had. The breakfasts were superb and the accomidations were fantastic. We just had to change our plans to go exlore town, and instead spent the day rocking in the porch at Linden.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
SEYMOUR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

My husband & I stayed at here for 2 nights celebrating our 40th anniversary. The bedroom was pretty but not worth $156.00 a night. We had to leave early the second morning because of an emergency & told the owner we'd be leaving before breakfast was served. She did not offer a discount or any extras for breakfast. A mufffin would have been nice. We over heard her speaking rudely to her hired help(African-Amercian lady) in the kitchen. We thought slavery was long gone in the south!! I just knew we would see her tying up the hired help to a tree and using a whip to her back! The lady serving us was very nice.We told her we were sorry for the way she was being treated. I was soooo embarrased for the treatment she received from the owner. I think it is time for the owner to retire & give the home a new gracious southern" LADY " as hostess. People expect a welcoming southern home atmosphere, not a tyrant bitter old lady running it..

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HARPERSeymour
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

If you are going to Natchez, Mississippi, you need to stay at Linden. The house has been in the family of the owner, Jeanette Feltus, for generations. We toured several houses and Jeanette's tour was the best, by far. We hope to have the chance to visit again soon!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends