“Outstanding! Wish we lived closer to enjoy more often” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carriage House Restaurant

Carriage House Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Natchez
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisiana
“Outstanding! Wish we lived closer to enjoy more often”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Enjoyed a FABULOUS Sunday brunch after a great tour of Stanton Hall. After reading reviews, was very excited to taste the chef's offerings. Right before the restaurant opened, the delightful Chef Bingo even found a few minutes to throw a football on the front lawn with his two young boys. I found that VERY endearing! Once we were seated, you could tell that this chef had complete control/organization over everything in the restaurant. The buffet items were abundant, fresh and VERY delicious. Some of the things I overate on included the phenomenal fried chicken (yes, it really is that good!), smoked brisket, smoked gouda cheese grits, butterpea and sweet corn bisque, fresh fried catfish, smoked salmon croquettes, and dirty rice. OH - and I completely lost count as to how many tea biscuits and jelly I consumed. There was a lot more on the menu, but I couldn't eat it all! For dessert, we were served delicious Crème brulee, which was included in the price of the buffet. All of this for $16/person. The menu changes weekly, so I encourage you to visit their website for the brunch menu details.

The wait staff was also superb! Our waitress was very attentive, friendly and personable, as well as the table assistants. Our tea glasses were never empty, and our dishes were cleared quickly.

My advice for those eating Sunday brunch - arrive at 11:00 to eat. Restaurant filled very quickly when churches were let out.

Cannot wait until my next trip to Natchez and my next time to dine here!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Louisianaluv2travel

Harrison, Arkansas
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We toured Stanton Hall and ate lunch in its restaurant, the Carriage House. Boy, are we glad we made that choice! The food was just outstanding. I had the tamale appetizer, and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. I was sure there was no way to top that, but I was wrong. My wife and I shared the free range baked chicken on sweet potato with greens. Wow! It was delicious. We also enjoyed the biscuits and jelly, which they offer everyone, and split creme broulee for dessert. Don't miss this place!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank siloamjim
Fairport, New York
“Beautiful, but average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The dining room was beautiful as were the surrounding gardens. The lunch menu was not terribly exciting but the chicken was tasty and the smoked brisket very good. Their biscuits and jelly were excellent as was the service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lunch is a must.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The best Mint Juleps around. Fried chicken was pretty durn good. Then take the 45 minutes to tour the home. Docents had all the answers and the restaurant have a Sunday brunch from 11-2.

1 Thank ncpiper
Mims, Florida
“Every bite a taste of southern charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

If your way ever leads through Natchez Mississippi, stop by the Carriage house restaurant. From fried chicken so perfect I cried a little, to a ribeye that could be straight out of a top steakhouse, we were overwhelmed with comfort food. The best part, other than Mary's hospitality? Pecan cobbler that may have transported me through time.

2 Thank RoanP