“One good visit; one terrible visit”

Planet Thailand Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 94 Restaurants in Natchez
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Vidalia, Louisiana
“One good visit; one terrible visit”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

On my first visit in July, the food was really good. It's not exactly the kind of Thai food I've eaten in the past but still quite tasty (pad thai chicken). On the second visit, I made the mistake of ordering a dish with what I thought would be crab and shrimp. It was NOT crab. It was, quite possibly, the worst imitation 'krab' that I have ever eaten. If I do decide to give them another try, I definitely will not order anything with seafood in it. I can't trust that it's going to be what is advertised. If you use imitation anything, disclose it!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank liane69

Sedona, AZ
“VERY average, maybe a shade below.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

this was reccommended by a person at the hotel i stayed at (see that review) - not very good. I had a beef dish and it was almost unetable! With all the good little restaurants in town I will not eat here again - should i return.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TSwish
New York City, New York
“Love it!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Really fantastic Thai and Sushi. Really great cocktails and always excellent service in a quaint place. It's really one of my favorite places in Natchez.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank NYCFoodie23
Natchitoches, Louisiana
“Average, but would try again”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was an average meal and service. Would I try it again? Probably. I think it may have just been an off night for the kitchen and service.

• Visited March 2013
“Our best dining experience in Natchez... So far”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This was the best dining experience I had in Natchez.

We walked downtown for a while, got tired and hungry and walked in and were seated right away.

The pad Thai was good. My wife's dish was good (don't remember the name). The cabbage soup was really good. We ordered the Heart on Fire dessert. It was different. I could have done without the sprinkles lol.

Fried bananas with ice cream on a flaming plate. It was the first time the waitress had served it and was pretty surprised at the presentation. It was funny to watch the cook light the plate and say "go, go NOW!" The dessert was kind of like the carriage ride. Unique and enjoyable, but there's no point in having it a second time.

Two entrees, one dessert, one (strong) mixed drink, we both left satisfied. $34 + tip.

So far it's the only place I'd eat again if we come back to Natchez.

1 Thank Koroberts