“Fun place to eat”

Fat Mama's Tamales
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We are from Texas so we know good tamales, Fat Mama's Tamales is the 'read deal'. I had the nachos as well, wonderful dish. The atmosphere is fun, the food delicious,and the service friendly, all the things you would want in a restaurant.

1  Thank bonnby

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped in because we need fresh limes to go with our cocktails we planned to have back at the Hotel Eola. We are coming up the sidewalk and notice the empty bath tub with "knock me Naked" painted on it, so I had a photo shoot. We go in and the nicest (truly, honest) lady named Barbara greeted us and gave us cut up limes and told us the greatest stories and history background on Fat Mama's and how they ship their tamales to your home, made our margarita's (which was the very best ever) and showed us the bottle we could buy to make our own margarita's once we got home. The stories just went on and on. Barbara knew everything and everybody. She was priceless. Oh, and they had great pralines. We are going back tomorrow to try the tamales and we will probably order them at Christmas time for our neighborhood party. Great people.

1  Thank MadBeachMel
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My parents had raved about this place and I just couldn't wait to try it. Unfortunately, it had been raining, so we couldn't eat outside. We had to wait for a table, but not long. The tamales were out of this world and the famous Margarita was delish!

1  Thank katapple1
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We always work a stop at Fat Mama's into our Natchez tour schedule. Good, spicy food. Not too expensive. If the weather allows enjoy the outside patio.

1  Thank SouthernTraveler58
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a very simple place. You order at the counter. You pick your food up from the counter. The Margarita is of the premixed frozen kind and reminded me more of a Margarita flavored frozen daiquiri than a restaurant margarita.

I was in the mood for Mexican food, and was referred this place. But the menu is only Tamales. Chili, taco salad, and nachos. They had pickles too, those were good, as I bought a jar.

The tamales were pretty good, not the best, but good. This place is great for a cheap quick lunch. It just isn't the destination it's made to be. I mean there were brochures at the hotel for the place and all.

1  Thank Napoleon504