“A tale of two menus”
Review of Breaud's Seafood & Steak - CLOSED

Breaud's Seafood & Steak
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beautifully tucked in between the puzzle of Historic Buildings in the Heart of downtown Natchez MS. Choice of dinning inside, bar side, or outside in our rustic flaming fountain courtyard. Close your eye.. Picture New Orleans LA and Paris France... Open your eyes... you have created Breaud's Seafood and Steak
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Breaud's basically has two menus. The first is reasonably priced, cafe food, the second is serious dry aged steaks at a much higher price point. Their kitchen is steeped in authentic New Orleans cooking as well as Greek items...plus the grilled steaks. Can't go wrong with a bowl of the delicious gumbo and a grilled filet is as good as it gets.

1  Thank Crewdog

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The ribs were as delicious as I remembered! (Tender, juicy and just plain delicious!) The meal was very enjoyable and although service was a little slow - we were in no hurry so we just relaxed and enjoyed our meal!

1  Thank MGolmon
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We ate dinner here on our first night in town. We chose it because of the extensive list of grilled fish. First, the service was very slow. Nowhere on the menu did it state that the fish would be heavily seasoned with a spicy cajun seasoning rub. I ordered the grilled catfish. I can't eat spicy food. Our food took quite some time to come out and the fish had so much seasoning on it and was too spicy to eat (not to mention that the fish was rubbery). It came with a side of steamed veggies (like the frozen variety from the grocery store). When the waitress finally came back to our table, I explained that I could not eat the fish, it was too spicy. She asked if I wanted it remade but given how long we had been there, I said no. She said she would take the fish off the bill. She asked if I wanted to keep the veggies, which I did and we were charged $4.00 for them. Seems a bit excessive for 4 carrots and a few pieces of broccoli and cauliflower. I could have purchased the whole back at our local market for $1.50. Overall not a good value for a price. We were sorry we went here.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We pass through Natchez at least a dozen times or more while headed to and from LSU games and we usually just stop at the same place to pick up a quick bite to eat. This time we decided to make a day trip to Natchez and actually shop and try a new place to eat. We had never heard of this place and actually weren't looking for a place to eat but as we passed we were given a menu and told that they had a outdoor courtyard with a bar and tvs set up for the games. After finishing shopping we decided to head back. Breauds was so worth the stop. We were promptly greeted at the entrance were the staff recommended the ribs.We decided to eat outside in the courtyard... very layed back atmosphere and with it being a little bit on the cool side, they offered a personal heater at the table. I ordered a half rack of ribs and must say they were probably the best i've ever had! Don't worry if you are a city girl like me.... you dont have to get messy eating them... the meat just falls off the bone! We are so glad we found this place! Can't wait for another Natchez visit!

1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The food was excellent, though our server was on the slow side. He seemed more attentive to larger tables, and though he was within view the entire time, let our drinks empty and had to be flagged down. Another server, a woman, stepped up in our server's absence.

1  Thank HollyDA12