“Not worth the trip.”

Old South Winery
Ranked #18 of 52 things to do in Natchez
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This winery produces several table wines made with native muscadine grapes. Both production and salesroom are on site. We offer tours and tastings.
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff that we dealt with was not very friendly. The wine was typical muscadine wine with no real uniqueness. Thumbs down.

3  Thank Chad B
There are newer reviews for Old South Winery

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Unfriendly large lady said our taste for wine was incorrect. We never tried Muscadine wine before and were very interested in it. She was despicable. I wouldn't recommend unless you enjoy sarcasm and inhospitable service.

2  Thank Mindy B
Reviewed July 3, 2013

What fun!!! This is a little winery operated by a family that is just as casual as one can get! I have done Napa and spend a lot of time at boutique wineries in the Texas Hill Country (Johnson City/Stonewall/Fredericksburg/Kerrville) but this is something completely different. It ain't fancy. It ain't pricey. It's just good fun. The wines are a little sweeter than any I generally like but the two "dryer" varieties (one red, one white) are tasty and worth a purchase. If you prefer sweeter wines, you definitely want to stop here. The "decor" is about as low-key as you'll encounter but just plain fun. Stop by and visit a while. It's air-conditioned and a nice break between plantation visits and shopping!

2  Thank Mary C
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is the best kept secret in Natchez

It is had to believe that most that go to Natchez will never hear of this place. We have been going for years. I make my own wine and this is one of the few wines that I buy.

If you like muscadine wine this is a must stop. Miss Scarlet is my favorite.

2  Thank lsj1214
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This little sightseeing trip was just an aside to kill a little time til lunch, but turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. We took the short tour & learned a great deal about making wine. We also tasted several & they were wonderful, so we bought a 4 bottle pack, can't wait to open one up now that we are back home. Take my advice & add this tour to your trip to Natchez, very much worth the time. Wonderful people!!

1  Thank Perry F