“Flavorful and Large Enough to Share!”

Avatar's Punjab Burritos
Ranked #16 of 114 Restaurants in Mill Valley
Cuisines: Indian, Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I split the excellent sweet potato burrito for lunch. Living close by we were able to enjoy it at home with a small amount of greens on the side. I like to put greek yogurt on mine to cut the heat a bit. Excellent! Friendly, fast, delicious!

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (61)

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Delightful owner/waiter/host and most unique fusion of Indian and Mexican food.

Husband and I both had the Punjab Burrito. With a preference for a bit of heat, I asked for Level 6 (of 10) heat/spice and hubby asked for no heat.

The burritos were quite substantial in size (2 per plate) accompanied by basmati rice. Tea and water were refilled promptly. And a delectable Gelato Pistachio dessert was shared. The latter, I liked very much but my husband did not care for.

If you are looking for a casual, unpretentious place with very good food, try Avatar's.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Great people, great burritos and papadams. Try the restaurant in Sausalito, amazing place. Free party on Thanksgiving.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

I have to travel 35 miles to go to this little place filled to the brim with flavor. I love the curry mixed vegetable burrito! It so unique and filled with lots of different and delicious flavors. Looking to going back soon.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 5, 2019

Can't eat there again. First, the aluminum foil they wrap the burritos in must be the cheapest for it sticks to the food, have to peel it off, but be careful! Nothing worse than a piece hiding in the burrito that you EAT. Yuck.

Next, it is unique, but the quality, the mushy concoction of this and that make it indistinguishable in taste, flavor, definitely looks. It's a big mushy burrito. Not like something I'd say is healthy for sure.

The place is small, dingy, a little dirty, the foods are make there but often come out of a big pot so that makes them less than fresh.

And these things gave me heartburn, bad breath and what's more, I had to find little pieces of aluminum in my lap. Double yuck. Nice people own it, but quality control is lacking.

Date of visit: March 2019