“Just a flatbread”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Like Mill Valley Beer Works just across the street, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. They serve flatbreads with fresh, local topping. It's good but not out of this world or a must stop.

We stopped in for dinner as I had read about it on Tripadvisor. The service was good. The flatbreads were good. Two flatbreads and an meatball appetizer, no drinks and the bill was still $40 before tip. Given the atmosphere, this seems a little pricey. We got the same meal with a calamari appetizer down the street in a "nicer" restaurant (Vasco) for the same price with fresh bread!

It's ok but there are better options in town.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We enjoyed flatbread pizzas and large salads, plus drinks, at a reasonable cost. It's a friendly place with maybe too many little kids running around, but a large draft beer increased my tolerance.

1  Thank RPMc
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A group of us had lunch here in January and really enjoyed it (c.f. my review) and my wife and I decided to have dinner last week; this time it was a major disappointment. It started with a series of events that were almost funny. The draft beer I requested had run out so I could either wait for a new keg or choose an alternative; I chose Stone IPA which was very tasty. I then chose one of the flatbread specials, to be informed none of the specials were available. As a side dish my wife selected braised brussels sprouts; they had run out!

As a salad I had the beats, this was excellent. The beets were tasty and just this side of al dente while the dressing was a tasty balsamic reduction. I prefer a minimalist dressing and this was perfect, other's may find it insufficient. The Slamb was described as a spicy lamb sausage, I think they merely waived the spices over the dish in this case. The pizza was generally unmemorable with little distinctive flavor. Conversely my wife thought her "Mad River" was tasty. As a starter my wife ordered the grilled carrots. Unfortunately both the salad and the carrots took about 20 minutes to appear to be followed about 3 minutes later by the flatbreads. Definite problems with kitchen timing.

The wine list is fairly short and quite expensive. The "Dos Fincas" is offered at $29/bottle, at my local (expensive) supermarket it sells for $9.95 per bottle, quite a mark-up. However, the glass serving (although $7.50) was a generous pour.

For two beers, a glass of wine, salad and two flatbreads (after prompting they didn't charge for the carrots since my wife had time to eat only two of them) the bill was $60, including tax but before gratuity.

1  Thank TiburonTony
Reviewed May 11, 2013

great food,healthy choices, nice ,little, not too expensive place, staff super friendly, we went 4 times!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The flatbread pizzas were superb. Nice wines. Excellent, quick service. Relaxed vibe. Lots of locals appear to eat here. Excellent value. We ended up going twice during our visit since we were so impressed the first time.