“Very quaint and friendly.”

Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mill Valley
Indianapolis, IN
“Very quaint and friendly.”
Reviewed October 10, 2006

The Acqua is an odd little cross-breed hotel. Very business friendly, but accomodating to high-maintenance people. We had several requests as we were getting married and needed a special check out time, directions, etc. The front desk people were great, the wine and cheese was a sweet snack, and the breakfast was plentiful. The decor is fun and the rooms are small without being too small. The location is a bit off-putting, but a view of the bay is quieter and prettier than the 101 side. I would love to stay here again.

• Liked — The employees, decor, and service.
  • Disliked — The traffic noise was a bit much with the door open.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay on the bay side and cozy up to the front desk personnel.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank lauracro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
ellicott city, md.
Reviewed August 14, 2006

During our recent stay in Ca. we decided to stay at the Acqua because of location and price. The pictures on the internet were somewhat deceiving. The lobby is just what you see in the pictures and the room decor is about the same but it is now a little tired and some sprucing up is in order. The biggest problem for us was the noise from the interstate. The hotel is situated on and access road to the interstate and the interstate in elevated outside the room entrance. We were awakened at 5:00 am from the heavy trucks going by. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Every evening they set up wine and cheese in the lobby for quests to enjoy, and there is lemonade, water and tea out all day. The tea water was luke warm and needed to be replaced. My husband and I took our wine out on the patio which overlooked a tributary of some river. Nice setting.Too bad the hotel didn't have a little more buffer on the other side. The bath room had a separate shower and tub. I don't use hotel tubs but it looked pretty clean . The shower however, had mold in some areas, I have problems with mold!!! there was a repair needed to the bathroom wall and the carpets were stained. We were on the ground floor so had a little patio with 2 chairs outside the sliding glass door. Would have been nice but there was no screen to leave door open for fresh air and there was a large hole dug at the end of the patio. Not sure if it was an animal or pulled up shrub! This was convenient to San Fran.,Sausalito and Napa. Highly trafficed by business travelers. Needs a few facelifts. If you stay here ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor with a balcony. some higher floor have a sliding door but no balcony. Also, ask to face the back of hotel for a nice view. Ask for directions to Pizza Antica for eats. Nice chain, may have a little wait as the place just opened recently. It is located in a shopping center with a Starbucks, Safeway and a few other shops. You don't need to get onto the interstate to get there.

6 Thank ex-laxmom
San Diego
Reviewed August 2, 2006

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We had the Jr. suite with fireplace. Our room view was postcard perfect. The room itself was clean, comfortable, and extremely relaxing. Can't beat it for the price!!

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank Marlise
Oxnard, CA
Reviewed July 22, 2006

After leaving the Palace Hotel in San Francisco I thought I wont find a place that would suit my expectations but right as I entered the Aqua Hotel all I heard was the featured zen waterfall that was so soothing to my ears, it calms you down and the decoration of the place was of tranquility. Very clean, simplicity with quality, & organized, just the way I like it. It made me feel relaxed and at peace when I entered. It really put a smile on my face and reconfirmed my decision in choosing an excellent hotel!!

The hotel is in a wonderful location very CONVENIENT to everything, only 10 minutes over the bridge and you have reached San Francisco and across the freeway following the streets to the Mill Valley village is a quaint village with many botique shops, restaurants, cafes and just a place to relax and unwind while enjoying the beautiful greenery.

The rooms are very spacious especially the oversized bathroom, and tub, with separate shower which I love!!!! I enjoy having space, lots of space. The bed is very comfortable and relaxing.

For the low rate that the hotel charges you do receive quality service and products (like the complimentary Aveda bath products & soft linens). Great Complimentary breakfast & cheese & wine in the evening at the lounge area, large rooms & bath, a zen & relaxed feeling and an atmosphere that enables you to really discover the area and feel the tranquility that it provides, FREE parking (you can't receive that in the city of San Francisco, which cost me an additional $48.00 per 24 hours), it even has a separate sitting area with a writing desk & couch - more space, and receive either a room with a balcony or patio.

The service that I really appreciate and will always remember from the hotel staff was that they honored my request of having a view with either a balcony or patio without charging me extra.
That's a great deal!!!!

In addition there are two restaurants within walking distance about 5 minutes from the hotel which is literally in the next parking lot is an Italian & Japanese/Sushi restaurant. So you don't have to go too far for dinner after traveling a distance.

All in all I really enjoyed this hotel and will return again to enjoy it and also to experience other areas in Mill Valley and the surrounding cities & parks like the Muir Woods Park since the rate is reasonable, parking is FREE, exceptional service & quality, and still convenient to everything.

Gina - Oxnard, CA

• Liked — Large rooms & oversized bathroom & tub with separate shower. And FREE Internet access
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Tips/Secrets — You will receive your moneys worth - Excellent deal for the service & quality
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank WorldExplorer7
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2006

The Acqua Hotel is conveniently located.The suites and common areas are hip and stylish ,as well as very comfortable and inviting.Lovely natural light in all areas!!Service is efficient and staff is friendly.An exceptionally pleasant experience!!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 11, 2006

We used the Acqua Hotel for a Bay area getaway last week. The bed is very comfortable, and we were in a little suite where our daughter had her own little sleeping area. The bathroom is spacious and our room looked out over Richardson Bay. We couldn't hear the 101 at all and it was very quiet. We would definitely stay here again!!!

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Riverhorse0
Christiansted, St. Croix
Reviewed July 10, 2006

This was our second stay at Acqua Hotel and I would continue to return. Clean lines, zen, comfortable, great views, and helpful staff are the backbone of Acqua. Breakfast is included and filling. If it is warm enough, sit out on the terrace. Also, sip wine with your loved ones in the evening before heading out. There is a workout room and you could easily walk or jog around Richardson Bay.

The rooms and bathrooms are big. I recommend the King Suite with view for couples. It's very romantic. The hotel location could not be better. It's right off of Route 101 (don't worry about noise) and an easy drive to San Francisco and Wine Country.

My husband and I are active people that enjoy the outdoors. We recommend visiting Muir Woods, Mount Tam, and Point Reyes. There is a new restaurant in Mill Valley called Ora that is Asian fusion. Check it out for a comfortable upscale experience.

• Stayed July 2006
#2 of 4 in Sausalito
Hotel Sausalito
Hotel Sausalito
#4 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Acqua Hotel Mill Valley? Share your experiences!