“Loved It!!!”

Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mill Valley
Reviewed August 2, 2006

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We had the Jr. suite with fireplace. Our room view was postcard perfect. The room itself was clean, comfortable, and extremely relaxing. Can't beat it for the price!!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank Marlise

Reviewed July 22, 2006

After leaving the Palace Hotel in San Francisco I thought I wont find a place that would suit my expectations but right as I entered the Aqua Hotel all I heard was the featured zen waterfall that was so soothing to my ears, it calms you down and the decoration of the place was of tranquility. Very clean, simplicity with quality, & organized, just the way I like it. It made me feel relaxed and at peace when I entered. It really put a smile on my face and reconfirmed my decision in choosing an excellent hotel!!

The hotel is in a wonderful location very CONVENIENT to everything, only 10 minutes over the bridge and you have reached San Francisco and across the freeway following the streets to the Mill Valley village is a quaint village with many botique shops, restaurants, cafes and just a place to relax and unwind while enjoying the beautiful greenery.

The rooms are very spacious especially the oversized bathroom, and tub, with separate shower which I love!!!! I enjoy having space, lots of space. The bed is very comfortable and relaxing.

For the low rate that the hotel charges you do receive quality service and products (like the complimentary Aveda bath products & soft linens). Great Complimentary breakfast & cheese & wine in the evening at the lounge area, large rooms & bath, a zen & relaxed feeling and an atmosphere that enables you to really discover the area and feel the tranquility that it provides, FREE parking (you can't receive that in the city of San Francisco, which cost me an additional $48.00 per 24 hours), it even has a separate sitting area with a writing desk & couch - more space, and receive either a room with a balcony or patio.

The service that I really appreciate and will always remember from the hotel staff was that they honored my request of having a view with either a balcony or patio without charging me extra.
That's a great deal!!!!

In addition there are two restaurants within walking distance about 5 minutes from the hotel which is literally in the next parking lot is an Italian & Japanese/Sushi restaurant. So you don't have to go too far for dinner after traveling a distance.

All in all I really enjoyed this hotel and will return again to enjoy it and also to experience other areas in Mill Valley and the surrounding cities & parks like the Muir Woods Park since the rate is reasonable, parking is FREE, exceptional service & quality, and still convenient to everything.

Gina - Oxnard, CA

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank WorldExplorer7
Sonoma, Ca.
Reviewed July 13, 2006

The Acqua Hotel is conveniently located.The suites and common areas are hip and stylish ,as well as very comfortable and inviting.Lovely natural light in all areas!!Service is efficient and staff is friendly.An exceptionally pleasant experience!!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2006

We used the Acqua Hotel for a Bay area getaway last week. The bed is very comfortable, and we were in a little suite where our daughter had her own little sleeping area. The bathroom is spacious and our room looked out over Richardson Bay. We couldn't hear the 101 at all and it was very quiet. We would definitely stay here again!!!

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank Riverhorse0
Reviewed July 10, 2006

This was our second stay at Acqua Hotel and I would continue to return. Clean lines, zen, comfortable, great views, and helpful staff are the backbone of Acqua. Breakfast is included and filling. If it is warm enough, sit out on the terrace. Also, sip wine with your loved ones in the evening before heading out. There is a workout room and you could easily walk or jog around Richardson Bay.

The rooms and bathrooms are big. I recommend the King Suite with view for couples. It's very romantic. The hotel location could not be better. It's right off of Route 101 (don't worry about noise) and an easy drive to San Francisco and Wine Country.

My husband and I are active people that enjoy the outdoors. We recommend visiting Muir Woods, Mount Tam, and Point Reyes. There is a new restaurant in Mill Valley called Ora that is Asian fusion. Check it out for a comfortable upscale experience.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank amhrie
Reviewed July 4, 2006

My stay at the Acqua Hotel in MIll Valley, CA was more relaxing than I could have ever imagined. It was appointed with the most aesthetically pleasing decor that I have ever witnessed in a hotel. Each room has a water view. The front lobby had a wall high "trickle down" water feature that emptied into river rock bed, intermingled with rye grass patches- A very calming area that engendered meditative thought. The hotel garden was planted with thyme and french lavendar that sented the whole lobby when the doors were opened. The oval tub in the guestroom encouraged quiet, hot soaks. The celedon hued bath tiles were calming and added to the relaxation of the hot bath. The staff was very attentive and helpful with suggestions for resturants. I will stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone who seeks relaxation and quiet.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 28, 2006

We use this hotel for business in the SFO area and it's always the greatest stay

Stayed: June 2006
#4 of 4 in Sausalito
Waters Edge Hotel
Waters Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tiburon

Been to Acqua Hotel Mill Valley? Share your experiences!