“Unexpected gem!”

Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mill Valley
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I needed a hotel on short notice, and we were lucky enough to get a room here! It is a beautiful hotel with modern and comfortable rooms, incredible views of the water, and as we were on the ground level, we had a little patio to sit outside. The also have a great social hour (and a half) where they serve complimentary wines, cheese and fruit. The complimentary hot breakfast in the morning was great as well. They also happen to allow dogs for a small additional cleaning fee. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we extended our trip two extra days. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, be it for business or pleasure. A big thank you to the lovely staff for the excellent accommodations!

Room Tip: The queen and king deluxe rooms are roomy and well worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The location was nice (on the water) in a bay. The rooms were comfortable and the amenities were nice (breakfast, welcome reception with wine & cheese). It was a nice quick getaway. Staff was friendly and helpful. We got a deal (Living Social or Groupon). I would probably not pay the regular rates for this property but it was worth it for what we paid (which was also not cheap).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stay here while attending a family wedding in the Muir Woods and I was very pleased considering other area hotels higher prices. All hotel staff were pleasant and helpful, they had the best complimentary breakfast of any hotel that I've stayed in and loved the availability and use of the quality mountain bikes to explore the area! Also thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary afternoon wine and cheese! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank OOOSSSUUU
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I admit it...I'm a hotel snob! I analyze everything before giving the hotel a good rating. We stayed here for a week in July, 2013. At check-in we were greeted by a very friendly woman. There was a wine and smoked gouda & cheddar cheese/fruit reception in the lounge. There was seating in front of a waterfall wall. Very zen-like atmosphere. The children munched on cheese, crackers, grapes and strawberries. We had wine and cheeses. Very comfy lounge. After check-in, we entered our room. We were on the ground floor. The view was super. There was a view of the water, a dock, view of part of the hotel, and a nice breeze when the sliding glass doors were opened. Our room had two queen-sized beds with awesome thick pillows!! The bedding was very modern and comfortable. Our bathroom was well equipped with a large soaking tub, bath salts, they offer Botanical EO shampoo, conditioner and shower gel mounted on the wall. The shampoo was definitely EO Orange clarifying shampoo. It smelled so good! At 0700 each morning, there is a full buffet breakfast. This breakfast is included with your room rate!!! They offered scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage links, fresh fruits, juices, mild and water, cereals, yogurts, granola, bagels, toast, pastries, freshly made waffles (you make them!), syrups, oatmeal with toppings, coffee, tea. I'm sure I missed something on the list. However, it was DELICIOUS!!! I must compliment Isidoro who gave us recommendations on a great Mexican restaurant in the Mission neighborhood in S.F. Isidoro was also very helpful to our 7 year-old son helping him make his own waffle. The staff at Acqua Hotel were so friendly and helpful. I have no complaints to offer! Everything from the moment we stepped in the door was top notch. They do not have a pool. We had no time for swimming! There's too much to do in the city and surrounding towns! The children especially enjoyed running into the lobby at the end of a very long day touring San Francisco to find fresh baked cookies waiting for them at the front desk! Perfect. Just Perfect!

Room Tip: This was the best hotel I've stayed in. I'm very spoiled! I expect awesomeness and the Acq...
2  Thank Marisa O
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family and I were in Mill Valley for a wedding. We stayed at the hotel and were very happy with our decision. Service was great, staff very friendly and helpful. The location was absolutely perfect! Such a pretty setting.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and my daughters had a view of the parking lot because they wanted two...
4  Thank jdesanto_13
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprise with the hotel and the service! The hotel staff was exceptionally pleasant, friendly, and very accomodating. As we arrived very late, the staff was offering us everything that they had to ensure that we were taken care of. As I prefer modern architecture, I found this hotel design very appealing... high curved ceiling and all. The breakfast was probably the best free hotel breakfast in California. The hotel is also very conscious about the environment: we were provided with recycling basket, soap, shampoo, lotion, etc., were provided through mounted dispenser instead of individual bottles. The only thing that I would ask this hotel to consider is to have flatter pillow. Otherwise, it was a great experience.

3  Thank fionanja
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Visited San Francisco for three days and found this gem as an alternative to the high priced city. It's only about 10-15 minutes away over the Golden Gate bridge. The room was spacious and clean with a balcony on floors 2 and 3, and included a mini frig. and cable TV. I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd floors as the first floor has a sliding door at ground level, not being able to be left open in the evening to let the cool bay breeze into your room. The bed was comfortable and the room had a great large bath with both a shower and soaking tub. The highlight is the full breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, fresh fruit and fancy pastries which is included at no charge! Muir Woods is just around the corner and up the mountainside. There was no pool, but with all the activities in the area, who has time to swim! I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd floors as the first floor has a sliding door at ground level, not b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 4 in Sausalito
Waters Edge Hotel
Waters Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tiburon

Been to Acqua Hotel Mill Valley? Share your experiences!