“Excellent hotel, excellent customer service provided”

Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mill Valley
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Very good property. Good Service, even when you check-in at 3:00am. Night Audit was very nice. At my request, the rollaway was not delivered when I checked-in, but when I called down to front desk at 3:30 in the morning. The rollaway was delivered right away. In the morning break fast was very nice, but did not see a breakfast person once. Clean hotel, good Italian restaurant next to the hotel. Hotel’s General Manager was very nice. I’ve stayed with the hotel over ten times. GM remembers me, and greets me every time he sees me. Very nice, respected, good rooms with balcony and pool view. Parking is free, I love it!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed in this hotel as part of our honeymoon. We never spend too much time in hotel rooms, only to sleep and wash. This hotel was excellent as far as it was in a prime location from Muir Woods which was the reason we went north of San Fran for a few days. It's located just off the highway so it was very easy to hop into the car and head out on the road for a few hours. the room was clean and as we are smokers this hotel suited us perfect. The pool was lovely and clean and quiet ( because it was oct I don't think anybody wanted to use it, but being Irish we didn't feel the cold). So yeah I would defintiely recommend this hotel to anyone who is not looking for luxury but a convenient location in comfortable surroundings. What a nice area in general to spend few days.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2009

If you're going to visit Muir Woods, stay here. The value is great, the hotel is nice and the adjoining restaurant Frantoio is fabulous!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaHBoston
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We have stayed in many Holiday Inns in both the US and UK, and this has to be the worst we have ever stayed in. The check-in was poor with the clerk totally uninterested in us and more interested in answering the phone/talking to other guests. The first room we were given was very poor and smelt evil. The second room was not much better. The third was only barely acceptable but was the last vacant room they had. The whole hotel felt very tired and in need of renovation. The only thing it had going for it was its location. Unsurprisingly, when we left the desk clerk did not ask if we had had a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark E
Reviewed July 10, 2009

My husband and I booked our overnight stay one month in advance through hotels.com and had even paid upfront. When checking in at 2 a.m. (5 a.m. EST that we were on), the guy at the desk told us our card had been denied. We knew this to be untrue because we had saw it on our last bank statement, and knew that he didn't even have our card information because we had booked through hotels.com. He refused to listen to us and told us we had to take it up with hotels.com and they would have to give us a refund. In the morning after calling hotels.com, they confirmed that we had definitely already paid and that the hotel was not to charge us. Hotels.com did a great job of working this out for us, but we were really unhappy with the level of customer service we received at this hotel. They tried to make it our problem, when really it was between them and hotels.com. Not appreciated at 2 a.m. after a long flight! Also, we stayed on the ground level and there was a sliding glass door that was really poor for security. When we came into the room, the door was unlocked! We had a lot of trouble getting it to lock and stay locked too. I barely slept at all because I didn't feel safe with a big sliding glass door that wouldn't stay locked. The only good things I can say are that it's convenient for visiting Muir Woods and it also had a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rskhender
Reviewed May 29, 2009

After saw the reviews about this hotel, i did hestitate to book this hotel. But to my surprise, the hotel is nice and clean. It's not a fancy hotel, but clean. I would say with $150/night, this is not a bad choice. We have never liked the breakfast in the hotel, but since my husband and my daughter got up earlier, they went to the breafast area. The area is clean with a few comfortable tables. They offers begals, yougurt, small pack of milk, becon, scrable eggs, some fruits (babana, apple) which is not bad at all.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank glacer
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Stayed here for 4 nights while exploring Marin County by mostly hiking and eating some great dinners.

At first look the location does not look all that great. It's between a couple of well traveled roads and the view of Richardson Bay and the bird sanctuary doesn't appear all that great however after just one night I began to appreciate the location much more. First of all, even though there's a fair amount of traffic around it it was still quiet enough at night to have the window open plus there's a bike/walking path very close that goes along Richardson Bay and appears to be quite long. Looks like bikers even use it for commuting. I was wishing I had a bike to explore where it went but even just for a nice walk after dinner it's lovely.

The room was fine, nothing special, but clean. We were on the second floor and facing the pool which I would definitely recommend. There are rooms facing both parking lots which would lose I think on ambience, even if the quality of the furnishings etc is exactly the same.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#2 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area? Share your experiences!