“Not worth $80 a night and we paid a $100”

Travelodge Mill Valley/Sausalito
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mill Valley
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Room was not overly clean. Bathroom had mould. Renovations started before 8 am in the room next door to us. Would not recommend anyone stay here unless there is nowhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Stayed there 1 night only, clean rooms, good size, good size beds, no frills, you get what you pay for.
Easy to find, Good parking space, minus is no elevator, and steep stairs.
Breakfast included, very very basic.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The young man at the desk was...not friendly. There was a muffin on top of the refrigerator when we walked into the room and the room was far from clean. Unfortunately, due to several festivals/events all along the coast, there were absolutely no rooms available for miles.

Room Tip: I don't know of one
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Staff was not very friendly, she checked me in and gave me my room key and on the way out she says that my room is actually not ready and it will be 30 minutes before its cleaned. Ok, I go around and park..I do see a maid a few rooms down cleaning a room, I peek inside my room to double check that its dirty, and yep its dirty so I close the door and go back and wait in my car. After 45 minutes the maid gets to my room, she takes out dirty towels brings in clean, appears to be cleaning for about 20 minutes,.. then closes door and moves on. I go to the room look inside and everything looks clean, bed is nicely made - oh wait, when I peeked inside before the bed was slept in and the sheets and blankets were half on the bed half on the floor.. My conclusion is a factual observed one: THEY DID NOT CHANGE THE SHEETS/LINENS ON THE BED. Sick nasty!!! Never stay here! Overpriced, dirty, never again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FreqTravelsNW
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We are a family of 5 and can roll with most situations. We don't need luxury. However, AC broken in a very hot room. They would not refund so we could go elsewhere. Was told manager had left for the evening (at 7pm?? and could not be reached) No screens on windows to feel ok about opening them (accessible) and very loud as it sits on highway.

Complained to Priceline and Travelodge corporate and was switched to nicer room and some compensation for situation. But too little, too late as far as I was concerned.

So even though the stay ended up OK, the initial treatment we received was extremely poor.

At breakfast, I heard a very polite traveler tell them that he had spent the night without AC. It was our old room and they hadn't even fixed it!

Don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank natty64
Reviewed September 7, 2011

O.K. I stayed here two nights first night was quiet, the second night I had kids down the outside hall running and slamming doors. The room was clean, and nicely set-up. Good amenities, including in-room coffee, Refer, Microwave, and Wifi. The bed was O.K.

The not O.K. You can't check in until 4 P.M., no exceptions! Staff didn't know, how to give me an itemized bill when I checked out.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Rockhound_57
Balley, General Manager at Travelodge Mill Valley/Sausalito, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

The check in is 4PM , I am sorry it is our hotel policy but if your room was available we could have checked you in before 4PM, regarding itemized bill, the bill is generated from computer system, what ever charges you made is itemized day by day even the time and minutes that you checked in and out ,however your only charges was room rate charges. day by day, what more itemized do you want.

Thank you for your good comments. I am glade that you like the room cleaning, refrigerator ,wifi, that mean good management...do not you agree.

You did not like kids running around , I want to tell that Kids are guests just like you are.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

It should not bear the TRAVELODGE name. We wwalked away from a reservation for 3 rooms. None of us (6) would agree to stay here. Appearance is not clean; beds felt lumpy; staff indifferent. Sleep elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera
Hotel Sausalito
Hotel Sausalito
#4 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Travelodge Mill Valley/Sausalito? Share your experiences!