“How Do You Spell Stress Relief”
Review of Mountain Home Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Valley
Mountain Home Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Mill Valley B&B and Inns
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“How Do You Spell Stress Relief”
Reviewed May 8, 2010

“How do you spell stress relief: “Mountain Home Inn” Get away from the hustle of the city to a quiet, rustic,
romantic getaway with beautiful rooms and fantastic views, spacious rooms with soaking tubs and comfy beds. Gourmet meals, great wine selection and the friendliest staff that can help you with anything. Best thing is the
peace and quiet, eating a gourmet breakfast on the patio in the morning enjoying the breath taking views of the San Francisco Bay. Great hiking trails for the outdoor couple. Highly recommend this getaway to all friends.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TomandKim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
richmond09
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I've stayed at the Mt. Home Inn and loved the views, the staff, food and access to great hiking and biking -- and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to spend a few nights being romantic with their honey. But I have to say, even better than a spot for champagne and late breakfasts (be sure to get the grits!!!), this is the best spot in the Bay Area for visiting family members. I've put up two sets of proud new grandparents at the Mt. Home Inn, and although they were hesitant to be so far away from their new grandchild, once we got them checked in, it was hard to get them to leave. One set of grandparents included my father who is a biking enthusiast. He was thrilled to drive and then bike the nearby mountain and ocean-side roads. The other set of grandparents are avid walkers who loved strolling out the door after breakfast and hitting a trail. As well, these folks (who were visiting all the way from Ohio) found that the location gave them a perfect home base for all the North Coast, Sacramento Delta, wine country, South Bay and yes, East Bay excursions. Initially, they thought they would stay for just one night. They extended their reservation for the duration of their trip. I'm so happy to know JUST where to put any and all of my relatives! (Hopefully I'll get more invites to join them for dinner -- the salmon is to die for. And just thinking about the wine selection makes me giddy.) Thrill one of your relatives, and suggest, no, demand they check out the Mountain Home Inn!!!

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lilmama09
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed January 8, 2010

The Mountain Home Inn is our favorite romantic get-away. With a single night, all the stresses of life will melt away. Each year, we save-up to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion here and it's always worth every penny. The Inn is located amidst gorgeous redwoods near Mt. Tamalpais. There are tons of great hikes nearby. The rooms all have spectacular views. The beds are divine and luxurious. Many rooms have fireplaces and jacuzzis (we've found that the fireplaces in particular are well worth the extra money). The complimentary breakfast is delicious -- a great way to start the day. The dinner is also a great deal for the price.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed October 8, 2009

For the price, I expected better. For example, there were lots of flies everywhere, including our room, and ants in the bathroom. The walls needed to be wiped down in our room, and the cobwebs removed. Fresh paint and new carpet would be a good start. The deck is outstanding, and the breakfast great. The staff on duty were super friendly. We loved checking out the adjacent Mt. Tam.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoodEaterstoo
richmond
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We were surprised how close the MHI was to San Fransisco. Shortly after the Golden Gate Bridge we parked our car behind the Inn.
Inside and on the deck people were eating, drinking wine and chilling in the sun.
The bartender greeted us friendly, and hopped from behind the bar to the front desk to check us in, show us our room and carry our luggage down.
This was service through out the stay, friendly, enthusiastic but they do multi task.
The food was fresh and flavor full. High lights are the seafood platter(halibut cheviche, grilled shrimp and calamari) from the bar menu and the grits and eggs for breakfast.
The cheapest room has a nice size deck with killer views, great showers, aveda products, a solid matress and yes outdated pink wall paper.
Overall a great place to get away from the city. We will be back this winter and get a room with a fire place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kuchenman
California
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My (now) husband and I could not have picked a better place than the Mountain Home Inn to celebrate our marriage. We love the rustic warmth and intimacy of the Inn, including the interior tree-trunk pillars. Our guests could not stop gushing about the views and were amazed at how many stars filled the sky at night. (I highly recommend taking in the view from the privacy of your own in-room large soaking tub, or from one of their many redwood decks). The in-room fireplaces were also a big success.

And then there’s the staff. Some of us came a day early, and due to some unusual circumstances, had some unexpected requests. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating throughout our entire stay. I went to bed knowing things were in good hands.

And the food, I’m still drooling over the food. To me, breakfast is the most boring meal of the day. So to say that my husband and I are still salivating over their delicious made-to-order breakfasts- that means something. And that’s just breakfast! The Mountain Home Inn has this amazing garlic shrimp toast appetizer I’m still thinking about, and so much more. Personally, I wish I was eating there right now.

I could go on and on. But simply put, we could not have picked a better place. Get married there, have a romantic get-a-way, or just go for a hike and enjoy a good meal at the end of the day. We can not recommend this place enough.

• Stayed October 2008
Santa Barbara
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Our strange experience at this Inn started with check in.
We were told by the bartender that the gentleman on the
phone was our host. So, we stood by him. He got off the
phone and didn't look at us...strange. Finally he said can I help you...
just was weird. No big deal. He led us to our room
we were in room 5. The room was beautiful with
a balcony with a view of SF Bay and Mt Tamalpais. And a dozen red
roses were in the room. Very nice! Sitting
on the balcony, the restaurant deck looked down on us so
it was not private or quiet. And just outside our door was
the lounge. A family was there and made a huge mess
that was never cleaned up by the time we left the
next day. The dinner at the restaurant was excellent. Good
food. Service was poor. They got our order wrong, burned the
dessert and had to remake and the half and half
was clotted and they didn't have anymore...
Again the setting was beautiful.
Next morning coffee was supposed to be provided in
the lounge at 7:30. At 8am nobody was around. The maids
were sweeping up from the night before.
Then the waiter came out and he was also the person to
check us out when we left. My take is they just are
way understaffed...its like noone is minding the store.
Its a shame because it is a really nice place. However
since its so expensive we really expected much better
service and a feeling of being welcomed...we won't
be back.

#1 of 2 in Tiburon
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#2 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Mountain Home Inn? Share your experiences!