“Great spot for breakfast prior to Muir Woods visit”
Review of Dipsea Cafe

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tennessee Valley Rd
Reviewed September 3, 2012

One of my favorite spots in the San Francisco area is Muir Woods. And, my favorite spot for breakfast prior to each visit is Dipsea. I can only comment on breakfast but each visit has been really good.

The Dipsea gets very busy, especially on weekends, so expect to wait for a table.

Service has aways been excellent although the servers are often busy and running off their feet. They are trying hard but stretched too thin.

The food is really good and satisfying. Great to kick start a day of exploring and hiking.

If you are driving there and parking, if you have a larger vehicle or are at all squirmish about parking in tight spaces, park out front or down the street. Spaces in the back are very tight and backing out is a challenge for the best drivers.

Dipsea is always on my agenda when in the area.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our family of 5 randomly stopped in for lunch after a long day of traveling and were pleasantly surprised with the menu options; including breakfast items served until 3, specials, and drinks. Our waitress was friendly, knowledgable, and efficient. We enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and interesting collection of memorabilia on the walls. Everything was great, so we would not hesitate to recommend this place if you happen to be in the area or passing through!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Been here several times for breakfast/brunch/early lunch, every time is the same: long wait to get in, extremely slow service. Good food. My kids like it, but I hate to wait and wait and wait for the really slow service. Can't they hire more waitstaff? Or get more help in the kitchen?

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our friends have stopped here often and raved about it, so we decided to stop by with them. It was pretty good, but not 5 star food. I had the corned beef hash, and it was homemade and flavorful, with perfectly poached eggs. My wife had a reuben and enjoyed it. Service was attentive but not outstanding. We thought it would be a place where we would go out of our way based on friends' recommendation, but while it was good, it was not so good that we will go out of our way again to go there. If we lived nearby, we would go again.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stopped for a late lunch after crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, and wasnt disappointed. I walked from the hotel nearby and along the river to get to the Dipsea and thensat in the sun outside.

Friendky little cafe with a good selection of breakfast and sandwiches, and some other hot mains. I had a grilled ham and gouda with pineapple coleslaw and a side of the biggest onion rings I have ever seen. Large portions and good quality food.

Really friendly servers looked after me and made sure I had everything I needed. Really pleasant lunch and I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice no frills place for lunch.