“Amazing food”

Frantoio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Frantoio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Mill Valley
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 101
Transit: Marin Bus Stop: Manzanita
Description: Local, Organic, Non-GMO Northern Italian cuisine
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel next door and had numerous dinners here during my stay. My favorite waiter was Michael. He was able to describe the dishes beautifully and was very attentive. The bread is yummy and they grate fresh cheese on your dishes which is always appreciated. Some reviewers may think the prices are on the high side but in my opinion, they are in line with the area. The quality of the food makes it worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank johnsogr
FrantoioRistorante, General Manager at Frantoio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hello John,

Thank you for the kind words!
We're very happy that you enjoyed our house made focaccia bread as well as our other offerings.

Until next time, Cent 'Anni!

Matthew Calkins

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Stayed next door so after a 24hr day of travel, good food and wine was what we wanted - probably didn’t need it though! It was quite warm when we arrived so started with a nice Sauvignon Blanc from Napa Valley then ordered olives as a snack (great!), was then provided with complimentary bread, oil and balsamic vinegar, then decided to order a pizza for dinner ($18) and the waiter suggested a red for us and we took his suggestion and loved it. Overall a really great casual night with good food and wine.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank JMBparaparaumu
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We have been going to Frantoio since it opened, for cozy dinners, hanging out with friends and large gatherings. The service continues to be good but the quality of the food has diminished. Not sure if it is change of ownership or some other issue.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Our dinner was very good, yet expensive. My daughter and I had full meals but my 11 and 13 year old granddaughters had half portions. We all had tea for drinks and no dessert. The total was $120 without tip.
So, yes, it is good food (not incredible) but be prepared to pay a higher price.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed June 13, 2018

The food was spectacular, the server not so much. We asked very simple questions about the menu items and he acted both confused and somehow offended, was weird. We just wanted water with lemon and were brought tiny glasses with one skinny lemon. We just asked for a larger glass since that was the only thing we would be drinking. That wasn't possible...ok how about a little more lemon. That went ignored until a busboy saw that the server hadn't filled our glasses or given us more lemons. He kept filling our water glasses and brought us out a plate of lemons! The server brought out bread but we didn't have olive oil at our table like all of the other tables. We had to ask twice for the olive oil and it was amazing. They make their own and it was the best I've ever tasted. We asked for pepper to put in the olive oil and again, weird kind of offended act but he brought it over for us. I had the risotto with wild mushrooms and prawns with roasted corn and it was delicious, everything prepared perfectly, the best risotto I've had. My husband had the pizza with sausage and peppers, it was equally delicious and very large. He asked the server if the peppers were green because he doesn't care for green peppers, again the server acted offended and stated, "Of course, red!" with a snooty toss of the head. We couldn't help but laugh out loud at that point. The server stated the pizza was an individual size but in reality it was like a large. We had pizza the next day for lunch there was so much leftover. The only real downside was the server and that the restaurant smelled awful, like a bait shop. We almost left when we first walked in because of the awful smell but it was the only place still open. The server acted as though we were hillbillies or something but we were the best dressed people in the entire restaurant and it wasn't even close to fine dining. Glad we stayed for the food!

Date of visit: June 2018
FrantoioRistorante, General Manager at Frantoio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Hello Charlotte,

I appreciate your feedback.
While I'm glad that you enjoyed our food so much, I do apologize for the strange and inhospitable service.
If you could tell me the servers name, or where you were sitting, I would be able to address these issues with the server in question.
Again, please accept my apologies for the poor service.

Matt Calkins