“Convenient to Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley”

Frantoio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Frantoio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Mill Valley
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 101
Transit: Marin Bus Stop: Manzanita
Description: Local, Organic, Non-GMO Northern Italian cuisine
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We caught the last ferry from San Francisco to Sausilito, with the intention of getting a meal there - 8pm on Saturday night, many restaurants closed, the rest full, so finding a restaurant adjacent to our hotel was great.

The service and food were very good, prices very reasonable.

3  Thank donmalcolm

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here with a group of 4. We unanimously thought this place had OK food (tasty but not superb), but for the money we all expected more. One person ordered the 4 course meal and the entree (halibut) was the size of an appetizer- maybe 3 or 4 oz of fish! The corn soup was good, but not worth $14-15 a pop.
Maybe I didn't factor in the fact that most of the locals that eat here are filthy rich, and dropping $130 on dinner for 2 is no bigge...

1  Thank Alskimon
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have frequented Frantoio Ristorante for several years. I have hosted corporate events; I have visited with colleagues, and I have shared several meals with my husband. But something marvelous has happened. There is a new chef in charge of the cuisine and the food has moved up several notches. We went with friends and I expected a basic meal, good, but basic, livened up by the excellent staff and lovely wines. But something has transformed. This was no longer your vanilla roadside Italian ristorante. This was something elevated beyond that. Even now, when I think of the Bistecca Di Manzo, my mouth waters. Really.. I come here from time to time, never expecting more than a predictable Italian meal, but now I relish my return. I highly recommend this restaurant for good food, good service, and a meal to be remembered.

4  Thank DabblesInFun
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Seasonal fresh food. I need to eat gluten free and the owner, who is usually the greeter, makes sure it is scrupulously prepared. They are local for me, and i have eaten there multiple times (take away and there) and I know they will not disappoint. As the gluten-free food choices are somewhat limited, maybe if I was eating any food on the menu, I would rate it higher. But this is one place I eat where I know I will not have to worry about gluten contamination making me sick and that counts for a lot.

The food is very good, not excellent, as it isn't hugely innovative, but overall if you are heading back from the beach and want a nice place to eat, this is it. Beautiful ambiance, quiet (a must for me, I do not like loud restaurants), fascinating olive oil press behind the glass wall presses their own oil seasonally and attentive staff.

3  Thank KarlaHappyTraveler
Reviewed May 18, 2014

fun, excellent selection, Italian traditional and inovative, beautiful wood high chalet style ceiling rooms, lovely decor, near Bay, easy freeway and local street access.

3  Thank mikeT-LA