“A modest little place with great food”

Shoreline Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Mexican
Ottawa, Canada
“A modest little place with great food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

As previous reviews have said: the exterior says: modest old-fashioned diner (which is exactly was what it was 2 years ago when I stopped in there) This time, I was impressed by the nice choice of Mexican or American cuisine. Me and my parents had a great lunch of sandwiches and burgers with fresh local bakery bread, Mexican accents in the seasoning (optional). Just a nice, relaxed place with good, local, fresh, home-made food! Highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013

Thousand Oaks, California, United States
“Outside unimpressive, inside surprises”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We actually went here on a friend's recommendation because honestly, if I was just driving about, searching for a place to eat, I would not have ventured into this place based on the outside looks of it! It's rather run down and shoddy looking on the outside. Our friend had told us it had excellent breakfast and my kids really wanted that in spite of the fact that it was now 2pm. When we arrived, I was taken aback by the outside looks so, I said I wanted to go in first and check it out. Well, it was cute in a kitschy sort-of way and the menu had ample breakfast and some good Mexican food dishes. We ventured in and the kids had their french toast, eggs and bacon- all, of which, they loved. My husband and I had their chicken tostadas which were generous and very good. All the food was fresh and the pico de gallo and lime guacamole sauce fresh. The service was extremely attentive and friendly. I definitely see why my friend likes this place so much.

• Visited August 2013
Oakland, CA
“Alternative to Dipsea Café”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Based on other reviews and the endorsement of a friend who lives nearby, stopped in here for lunch on Tuesday after a walk in Muir Woods. Parking: no problem. Service: very good. Diner décor. Menu choices: breakfast all day, Mexican and American choices. I had a delicious grilled cheddar, poblano chili, tomato, avocado sandwich on Green Gulch bread. The cheeseburger from Marin-fed beef with all the trimmings got enthusiastic approval from my 13 year-old friend visiting from France. My friend tried the duck confit tacos - I tasted - sounds unusual, but the crispy duck with chopped white onion and cilantro on super fresh corn tortillas really worked. Her side mixed greens with grated carrot were super fresh and dressed with a delicious but light vinaigrette. I love Dipsea café, but if parking is an issue there, it will not be in this great little café behind a strip mall.

• Visited July 2013
“So glad that we decided to stop”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

On our way to muir woods. We stopped for breakfast. Based on the previous reviews we stopped at shoreline coffee. Awesome! The food was amazing. The waiter was super friendly. Although a little on the pricey side, it is organic so it's going to be more expensive. However the flavors are worth every penny.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 13wezzy
Mill Valley, California, United States
“organic community gem”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Have always loved this community gem. Feel very fortunate to play a role in making sure it continues as a neighborhood joint. Adding local and organic farm's products to the mix feels good too.

Visited February 2013