“Be sure to wear OLD CLOTHES”
Review of Sweet Water

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweet Water
Ranked #66 of 103 Restaurants in Mill Valley
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I went to dinner last night at the Sweetwater with some good friends from Mill Valley. While the inside cafe is rather small in size we settled in as if we were eating in a small Paris Bistro. Our waiter who was VERY nice and trying to do a good job was having a few problems. We were delivered wines that we did not order and salad that we did not order. Not such a big deal. The food was only O.K. At best. Not bad, but nothing to bring us back in the future. The problem started when our hardworking waiter spilled a glass of red wine all over the four of us. Now lets get real. it was an accident and these type of things happen in restaurants...not the end of the world. After 10 " I'm sooooo sorry 's from the waiter and a fresh glass of wine our meal continued. At the end of the meal we were given our bill. We were charged for everything we ate and also the glass of wine that we never end ordered !!!!! You have got to be kidding !!!!! We felt sorry for the young waiter because one could tell he was a rookie, but at this time the manager should have come over to help us with our future dry cleaning needs or to let us know how much our bill would be reduced to make up for the mess. Not a word. Finally my wife got up and had a few " serious" words for the Manager at which point he decided to take back the bill for our dinner. While this action was a good step in the right direction, it did not even start to deal with the fact that there were four stained pairs of pants and a pair of $400.00 gold shoes that now were gold & red shoes. Dear Sweetwater.... Sometimes accidents happen and the mark of a good restaurant is how one reacts to those accidents. Your "manager" needs to go back to school to learn how to act under pressure in order to turn bad problems into good endings.

Thank JdogRossCa.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Amazing bands you could never expect to see in this size venue. Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead and Further fame is an owner so that helps. I have seen Lucas Nelson, son of Willie and amazing in his own rite. People like Lucas are the jewels you find when you go to Sweetwater. Sliders, beer, mole! To die for!!!! The best martini! Just over the top desserts and coffee--Blue Bottle! Can go on and on but you will have to go. If you want a night out or a Sunday breakfast on the patio--you will Not be disappointed!!!! Run!!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

A restaurant that has a few vegan dishes has a great opening to my heart. The vegan mushroom soup is one of the best mushroom soups I have ever had. The gremolata adds a beautiful twist of "unexpected flavor" to the dish. Simply delicious. The vegan spring rolls were simple, fresh and the sweet and sour sauce added the right balance. The mixed green salad with chicken was great. The chicken was perfectly cooked and tender and the balance of the salad, chicken and avocado was just right. Loved every bite and the prices are so reasonable, I must come back. As a person with passion for wine I did not care for the wine list, however they have no corkage. Way to go !