“Wonderful experience, Amazing food, Can't wait to go back!!”

El Paseo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Paseo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 99 Restaurants in Mill Valley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blithedale
Description: The Ultimate Dining Experience in Mill Valley has a unique & romantic ambiance and features a bounty of seasonal dishes crafted from local ingredients and inspired by Amiercan & Spanish cuisine.
Sebastopol, California
“Wonderful experience, Amazing food, Can't wait to go back!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Last Sunday we arranged to have family from all over the Bay Area meet in Marin as a central location for a family dinner. El Paseo was so accommodating. I was the the first to get there and was greeted by every member of the staff, as they were preparing for their day, even the Chef was friendly and smiling, it was a really good atmosphere of happy people.

We loved the beautiful winding brick alley covered in old vines, lit by hurricane covered candle light...exquisite brick and French glass romantic nooks with modern accoutrements. I don't know how a place can be rustic and modern, old and yet feel so fresh... It was just beautiful, felt like we were really somewhere special the ambiance is really worth the trip all by itself.

Since we live in Sonoma County and work in Marin we are surrounded by the BEST food a foodie could ever want. El Paseo did not disappoint. As a family we try to order almost one of everything and that's why I will comment on a few.

The drinks were very good, our family loved the wine suggested by our waitress. The brioche pop-overs were perfection. You get the feeling this is going to be something special right from the start, it's in the details ...the candle light, the flowers,...the hint of something special drizzled on the butter....

First the deviled eggs were the best we've ever had and growing up in the South I've tried them all over the US. The butter lettuce salad with the homemade green goddess dressing and quails egg was superb.

I LOVED the sweet pea risotto, my husband had the hamburger with bernaise sauce and he said it was great, the pork chop was delicious, the steak was melt in your mouth and flavorful, the Mac and cheese was fantastic, the Brussels sprouts were good and the asparagus was PERFECT!

The only thing we probably would not order again was the shrimp Louie as it was not as refreshing as say Scoma's, only because the shrimp are tempura fried so it's just a little different and deconstructed (but that was the point) but great grandma loved getting to eat the edible flowers on the salad so she was happy.

For the desserts, hands down our favorite was the deconstructed pecan pie with the bourbon Carmel ice cream. We loved the berry ice cream on the chocolate cake and the butterscotch pudding...

I also appreciated that if I come back with all types of friends you don't have to spend a fortune to have a wonderful meal. There are selections on the menu under $20 per person that someone on a budget can afford, the menu includes high priced selections too over $100, but they are rare and unique items that are worth the try that I have not seen else where. I also appreciated the rich and satisfying vegetarian selections, you didn't just throw a salad on the menu for the rest of us-BRAVO!

Our family ranged in age from my 2 year old grandson Cash, on the low end, up to to Great Great grandma Lillian age 90 on the high end. Our waitress Rochelle was so kind and accommodating with the kids, giving us secluded corner where the 2 year old and 4 year old could get up and change seats (musical laps) to be able to love on everybody in the family. Our wait staff served us with a continuous and appreciated SMILE (even when the 4 year old had a brief 30sec. melt down) and never skipped a beat, our water glasses were always full and things were always neat.

We will definitely be back! Thank you El Paseo for making memories for our family!

• Visited April 2013

San Jose, Ca.
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I were looking forward to eat here since we saw Ina Garten visit there. My appetizer, the bone marrow came out raw. We ordered the 32 oz. ribeye for two medium, it came very rare and we could not send it back since our waiter never showed. The side dishes were cold as well as the sauces for the ribeye. Dessert was a chocolate cake with huckleberry sorbet, about one tsp. sorbet! We finally flagged down the manager and she comped the steak and one of the side dishes and profusely apologized and hope we would come back, not likely!!!!

• Visited March 2013
fayetteville, north carolina
“Amazing food, wine and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Dined with a friend and we had an excellent meal. The atmosphere is warm and cozy. Service was fantastic and so helpful as far as my food allergies are concerned. Knowledgable and helpful with menu suggestions.

We enjoyed wine, appetizers, salads, main course and dessert. All were delicious.
Sitting at the table next to us was Tyler Florence! He introduced himself and asked about our meal...then he thanked us for coming. He was gracious and kind.

Overall, a great meal.

• Visited March 2013
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Charming Setting --Good Food!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Charming setting, restaurant tucked away with brick walkways, lot of candles and lanterns add to ambiance. They start out giving you Yorkshire pudding (popovers) that have the texture of a cloud. I couldn't resist having a second one. A lot of steaks/chops on menu which is fine but just about everything had truffle oil or truffles in it. My husband's veal chop was excellent and my pumpkin risotto was very good. We were too full for dessert. Attentive service and good wine list. It is a bit pricey.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“A Beautiful Place for a Night Out”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed El Paseo. The building is a tremendous setting - warm and cozy. The service was fantastic and the server was very helpful with the wine list. Devils on Horseback were really good. Tuna tartare was average. Filet was very good. As a chocoholic the dessert menu left a little to be desired. Excellent wine list. Little pricey, but would go back.