“carbonara”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Miller Ave
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'm a practicing chef and I can say truthfully that Vascos Cabonara is as good as mine if not better. Those who know me know that this is quite a statement coming from me. I always ask for extra sause. I like my pasta etc. swimming in sauce. Did I mention I need to lose weight. lol
Don't get to go very often but it's one of my faves.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

In a town of lots of restaurants, this is a standard favorite. You cannot go wrong, the price is right and the service is good most nights. This night however, a new waitress was helping and not quite up to snuff so to speak, got a few things confused. None the less, you cannot go wrong and the ambiance is always pleasant. Parking can be difficult at times but be patient and one will pop open. The fish soup is particularly good as are all the pasta dishes.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Always crowded with the familiar suspects. I love the atmosphere and the food. I have eaten here at least 50 times over the years. I have never had a bad meal

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Vasco is our home restaurant and watering hole as well. It's in the middle of town, corner of Throckmorton and Miller, and has the best food for the best price and an excellent selection of wines and spirits. The food, particularly the roasted beet salad (with a hidden pesto surprise), and the seafood stew, are unrivaled anywhere in Northern California, and Paul, your host, well, they don't come any friendlier or knowledgeable about the wines, the spirits, or the fare. It can get a little noisy, but that's because folks are having a good time, and you can sit at the bar and visit or watch a current game, too.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I am a local so really enjoy going to Vasco with friends because on any given night you'll run into plenty of other locals. The place is smallish so it has a nice buzz in the ambiance. Oh yes, and the food is not bad, either.