“BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN MARIN”
Review of The Cantina

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camino Alto
Description: The Cantina is located in Mill Valley, California and is specialized in Mexican cuisine.
Reviewed February 25, 2018

The locals know this restaurant is owned by Carlos Santana who is often spotted here having dinner. Great dependable Mexican food withnall the trimmings. Huge portions!!!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed January 18, 2018

good food for a reasonable price. good service and a great happy hour ( only if you sit at the bar) very clean. big portions

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

My colleagues and I frequent The Cantina at least 2-3 times a week for happy hour and/or food. We've put up with rude waitstaff and hostesses because it is so close to work and there is nothing else in the area. Today 3 of us wanted to grab happy hour after school because we were exhausted, we literally had 45 minutes, the "designated" happy hour places were all full because it was rainy. We waited a little bit, but then I asked the hostess if we could sit in the EMPTY dining room. Nope, that was for dining only. Then she had the audacity to compare a busy happy hour area to our students not getting to play on the playground when it is rainy. A. We don't have a playground B. Whatever happened to being kind?? Needless to say we left and will be taking our business elsewhere from now on.

As a former hostess in Los Angeles for years I would have said, "sure but I need the table by "whatever" time," because a happy customer is a returning customer. This manager clearly did not care at all.

Now the food: Meh, this restaurant is basically a churched up Chevys, nothing to write home about. Definitely don't go here if you are on a vacation!!! Wherever you are coming from I'm willing to bet you have the same type of Mexican restaurant at home. Go to Playa in downtown Mill Valley for better food and service.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 22, 2017

I loved everything about this place. The staff was ALL so super nice. Everyone was very friendly and attentive. We were there with 28 kids on a fieldtrip and they handled it so well. The ordering went very smooth. The food came out sooo quickly and it was delicious! I love the ambiance, the bar, the front and back patio, the fireplace. It was a great size and I love all the different rooms- it makes it a perfect place to have gatherings. Can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

Wish you were here to share it with me.
The dos xx was a perfect accompanying drink.... way too much to eat for just one person.

Date of visit: May 2017