“Let down”

and up
San Francisco City Sites Seaplane Tour
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Mill Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks for visiting us at Seaplane Adventures! Come fly with us and explore from the air the breathtaking beauty and splendor that is the San Francisco Bay Area - one of the most fascinating and scenic cities anywhere in the world! You’ll enjoy first-class service and have a true adventure in the only seaplane tour anywhere in California. Let us take you back to the Golden Age of aviation when flying seaplanes was the height of luxury and adventure. Book your flight with us today!
Mill Valley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Let down”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Despite assurances that the trip went over the ball park we were told in flight by the pilot that there was a hold because of a ball game happening there. In fact we knew to the contrary and were even able to show him on a smart phone that the giants were playing in St Louis. But no dice and no explanation or apology. The rest of the tour was OK but the pilot didn't really know all the facts and was flat out incorrect on some stuff!

Visited May 2013
5 Thank mts304
aarobatic, Owner at Seaplane Adventures, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear mts304:

We at Seaplane Adventures appreciate your taking the time to review your experience with us and we value the feedback! We strive to provide every single one of our customers with a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will make their San Francisco memories last a lifetime! I think you can see from other reviews that the vast majority of our thousands of customers each year have just that - a wonderful, unique and memorable flying experience over our beautiful city!

So, I am always troubled when any customer has a less than stellar experience and I want you to know that I sincerely wish to apologize for the difficulty you had with us. I understand that your disappointment in our performance specifically related to a San Francisco Giants baseball game taking place that afternoon. Unfortunately, since Sept 11, 2001, many changes have taken place affecting aviation and all flights, both private and commercial. One of those is the TFR - Terminal Flight Restriction. For every large gathering of spectators at an open-air stadium, a no-fly zone is set up at a 3-mile radius around the stadium from one hour before the start of the event to one hour after its cessation. During that period no aircraft are allowed to fly within three miles of any stadium where a large crowd is present. This applies to ALL Giants home baseball games and a pilot can lose his license if he or she inadvertently flies into an active TFR.

You don't mention what date your flight was in your comments, but if the pilot mistakenly believed there was a TFR on the afternoon of your flight and there was in fact no home game, I sincerely apologize, but that pilot was probably erring on the side of prudence and safety. If there was, in fact, a game the afternoon you flew with us, then the pilot was simply obeying federal law.

I do know you would have been able to see all other sites in San Francisco, such as Muir Woods, the coastline, the Golden Gate Bridge, Aquatic Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, the SF Skyline, Alcatraz, Treasure Island, Angel Island, Tiburon and Sausalito - all up close and personal even with a TFR. It is only AT&T Park that is directly affected. I hope that you at least enjoyed the rest of your flight with us and I do apologize you were not able to fly directly over AT&T Park that particular afternoon.

Again, I wish to personally apologize for our failure to deliver anything less than a fantastic experience. Next time you are in the neighborhood, please give us another chance. We would be happy to discount your tour with us as a token of our appreciation!

Best regards,

The Seaplane Adventures Team

Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What a wonderful way to see wine country in autumn!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Aaron was top notch! Great, safe pilot and excellent narrator of history of the region. Our seaplane ride was a highlight for my husband and me. We toured the wine country and the grape leaves were in full, peak color. So enjoyable. Highly recommend.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank honeybee03
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Definite Wow Factor”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family purchased this as the morning part of my birthday celebration - total surprise.

We were picked up promptly at Fishermans Wharf and quickly transported to their base in comfort. Have to say the morning started with a dense SF fog but a quick phone call advised us not to worry as it would lift - and it did.

Aaron, the pilot, was superb with a running commentary all the time, pointing out interesting sights as we came towards them. Occasionally he would fly around so people on both sides could view items. We covered the Mill Valley/Marin towns on the way to the lower Wine Valleys the traversed the Bay to cover SF, Alcatraz and GG Bridge.

This was a superb way to see the area from a different perspective and in an old seaplane. We were speedily transported back to Pier 39 afterwards. A very professional outfit with nice people. No hesitation in recommending.

Visited November 2013
edinburgh
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Absolutely Awesome”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We did this trip on the 17th of October. We were picked up at Pier 39 on time and driven straight to Sausilito where the seaplane took off. It was pretty foggy as we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge so I wasn't really sure what we would see when we were up there. Anyway, we were taken straight away and we did the hour tour and shared with another couple of people. The pilot was very engaging and entertaining and we totally enjoyed our flight. We felt very safe the whole time, which was especially important for my husband who isn't too keen on heights! We flew over the vineyards, surrounding towns and the views over the Golden Gate were absolutely mesmerising.We managed to get some amazing photos, some with the fog, some without. Once the flight was over we were driven back to Pier 39, no hanging around whatsover. Would not hesitate to recommend this company, they are first class.

Visited October 2013
Portsmouth
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A most excellent adventure!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My partner and I took this trip, booked through Viator, in September, during our 3 day stay in San Francisco, while travelling California. We were picked up efficiently and on time from Pier 39, by a friendly and engaging driver, who happily pointed out local sights for us both on the way to Mill Valley, where the seaplane is based and back again. This guy was so informative and helpful, he even stopped twice on the way back so we could take photos of Landmark sights.
The flight itself was great! Our pilot Aaron, was clearly very skilled, confident and experienced in flying the plane. He made sure that everyone (there were four passengers in total, maximum would be five) could ask any questions they had, using the headphones with mikes and gave a really good commentary of the areas we were flying over, throughout the roughly 40 minute flight. I was really lucky in being 'co-pilot', sat at the front. This meant that I was able to lower the window beside me from time to time, to take photos without glass between the camera and the outside world. Having said that, the glass was very clear, so other than possible reflections, pictures would have come out really well anyway. We happened to be flying on the last day of the Americas Cup race and being one of only three airborne vehicles (the other two being media helicopters) made the experience even more special, our pilot making the most of this occasion for his fortunate passengers.
Overall, a very highly recommended trip and very good value for money!

Visited September 2013