“have to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bungalow 44

Bungalow 44
Reserve with OpenTable
Bungalow 44 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 99 Restaurants in Mill Valley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunnyside Sreet
Transit: GGT stop across the street
São Paulo
“have to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

do not miss this place.
the ambience is nice, better stay on the back, the bar area is a little noisy. unless u there for know new friends.
the service is nice and gentle, the food is very well presented, all of us had great food and the indication for the wine was good also.
the deserts is a sin!! commit it!!! the chocolate hot cake is a crime!! u will scraping the bowl!

• Visited August 2012

El Cerrito, CA.
“A surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Needed a place to dine before a performance, nearby at the O'Hanlon Center for the Arts. We were seated on the covered patio near a fireplace, which would be an awfully cozy place to eat when the weather turns cold. My Vesper cocktail was perfectly made with a small batch gin I had not tried before.They agreed to pour me a taste of the gin before mixing my cocktail. It was a perfect compliment to the rest of the ingredients.

Happily my dining partner and I could actually hear each other talk, something that's getting harder to find in bay area restaurants. It was early, so that may change. The beet salad with arugula and goat cheese was perfect, as was the sea bass on a bed of pureed garden peas and vegetables. The bread was hot from the wood burning oven and although I don't eat much bread, my companion said it was to die for. I will definitely return. Our server was personable and attractive and we were delighted we chose this place to dine.

• Visited August 2012
Mill Valley
“Best Pork Chops on the planet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you like an excellent pork chop, one you can't at home---ever, Bungalow's got it! Plus, the side room, which is really an enclosed pavilion, can't be beat for intimacy and quietude (bar's a bit noisy).

Visited August 2012
Oakville, Ontario
“What a gem !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We came here on our return from Sonoma to avoid crossing the bridge at rush hour. We debated on going into the city for dinner and I am glad we did not. Fantastic restaurant. Great service and food. Try the shrimp sliders if they are available. Nice selection of local wines

• Visited April 2012
San Rafael, California
“Tasty Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is the place to go for high quality comfort food. The atmosphere is upscale California casual. Almost everything was yummy: fresh oysters, grilled fava beans, brussel sprouts, prime rib, butterscotch pudding. The only thing I didn't really care for was the cucumber margarita, but I had to try it!

Visited May 2012