“A surprise!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunnyside Sreet
Transit: GGT stop across the street
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Needed a place to dine before a performance, nearby at the O'Hanlon Center for the Arts. We were seated on the covered patio near a fireplace, which would be an awfully cozy place to eat when the weather turns cold. My Vesper cocktail was perfectly made with a small batch gin I had not tried before.They agreed to pour me a taste of the gin before mixing my cocktail. It was a perfect compliment to the rest of the ingredients.

Happily my dining partner and I could actually hear each other talk, something that's getting harder to find in bay area restaurants. It was early, so that may change. The beet salad with arugula and goat cheese was perfect, as was the sea bass on a bed of pureed garden peas and vegetables. The bread was hot from the wood burning oven and although I don't eat much bread, my companion said it was to die for. I will definitely return. Our server was personable and attractive and we were delighted we chose this place to dine.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you like an excellent pork chop, one you can't at home---ever, Bungalow's got it! Plus, the side room, which is really an enclosed pavilion, can't be beat for intimacy and quietude (bar's a bit noisy).

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We came here on our return from Sonoma to avoid crossing the bridge at rush hour. We debated on going into the city for dinner and I am glad we did not. Fantastic restaurant. Great service and food. Try the shrimp sliders if they are available. Nice selection of local wines

Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is the place to go for high quality comfort food. The atmosphere is upscale California casual. Almost everything was yummy: fresh oysters, grilled fava beans, brussel sprouts, prime rib, butterscotch pudding. The only thing I didn't really care for was the cucumber margarita, but I had to try it!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

It's hard to pick from the menu, as there are so many great choices. Sometimes we go here with our friends and just order a bunch of appetizers and an entree or two and share everything so we get more tastes. Don't miss their mac n cheese! Their braised ribs are also a favorite. The carpaccio is excellent too. Oh, what to pick?