“The great(est) escape”
Review of Mill Valley Inn

Mill Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Mill Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have not stopped talking about the Mill Valley Inn.

I travel extensively. My travels take me all over europe as well as the united states. I can honestly say that the Mill Valley Inn was the most pleasurable hotel experience I've ever had. The staff is professional, friendly and extremely accomodating.

I left Chicago stressed and exhausted. I stayed in a room that was beautifully appointed and I immediately relaxed the minute I walked in. The surroundings are breathtaking and I had the best night's sleep in years.

There is no doubt that I will return...hopefully, soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LisaJere
There are newer reviews for Mill Valley Inn

Reviewed April 2, 2014

What a great experience we had here!! The staff was more than friendly.....above and beyond in every way. The breakfast is great with a good bit of variety. Will definitely recommend and come back again and again~

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful 2 night mid-week vacation at this property recently. We stayed in a newer creek side unit.

Staff were professional and accommodating. Room was sufficient. Breakfast was the perfect way to start an active day. The hotel couldn't have been more convenient to all of Marin County, and particularly to the Dipsea trail.

In summary, great location, great staff and a comfortable property.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I recently made our third visit to this wonderful boutique hotel right in the center of downtown Mill Valley, CA. Though located downtown, many of the rooms open on to a lovely wooded area making you feel as though you're in the heart of a redwood forest. Some of the rooms have fireplaces which make them even cozier. In the evenings, a wine and cheese gathering is offered to guests as well as a lovely continental breakfast in the morning - all included in the room rate. Both are served in a second floor room overlooking the back of the wooded property with a large outdoor patio for sunny and warm days.

Once you step out of the hotel, you are only a stroll away from coffee shops, restaurants, and fun shopping in this vibrant little community. Our last visit included a bagpipe parade to kick off the Little League baseball season featuring all the teams in their uniforms marching down the balloon festooned main street. Quite fun!

A nice feature is the covered parking adjacent to Reception makes check in and out very easy.

All in all, we love to stay here. While we come specifically to visit kids and grandkids, it is also the perfect place to call home while making day trips into the area where there is a lot to see and do.

Room Tip: I would request rooms 10 and higher because they are on the upper level with the view into the woode...
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed at the Mill Valley Inn a number of times over the last 5 years as my daughter lives in Mill Valley. The hotel is a short walk to her home and is located right in the center of all the downtown area, close to restaurants, shops and even a book store/coffee shop/cafe. The staff has always been friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms are quietly charming, exceedingly comfortable and those on the back side either have a view of the redwood grove or are located right next to it. Many of the rooms have a balcony where the sound of the creek is softly soothing. The breakfast is generous and tasty. I know there is an afternoon offering, also, but I have never been there to sample it. I'm sure it's lovely. This is a very nice hotel and I look forward to my visits so I can sleep on that super comfortable bed each room features again.

Room Tip: I love the rooms with a balcony and a free standing stove. They are cozy and have a view of the red...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank micheleru
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great inn at a great location within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants in town and just steps away from the historical Dipsea Trail. Parking is easily accessible and available in the first floor garage. The room was well appointed, roomy enough, clean and comfy. The "continental breakfast" is more of a full breakfast with something for everyone. Staff was available, pleasant and attentive.
We will definitely be back to the Mill Valley Inn!

3  Thank AvenueBee
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is fantastic! I stayed in a great room that was clean and super cozy. It's in a gorgeous area in downtown Mill Valley, where there are tons of great shops and places to eat, AND there are beautiful redwood trees on the property. It's also pretty close to SF which is convenient. And I had a great continental breakfast, probably the best one I've ever had, lots of options. Overall, I had no complaints and would certainly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#2 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Mill Valley Inn? Share your experiences!