“My new favorite Inn”

Ranked #1 of 4 Mill Valley B&B and Inns
New Canaan, Connecticut
“My new favorite Inn”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently traveled to Mill Valley California to see a show at the new Sweetwater Music Hall. This Inn is within walking distance of the venue so I booked it. My room was in the creekhouse part of the hotel. When I arrived I was warmly greeted by the staff. They helped me with parking and informed me that I would be in the Creekhouse so I should pull around back and the parking would be better. It was.
I was told that getting to my room would involve a lot of stairs and was I ok with that. I said yes. He took me around the side of the building and we went through a door and up more stairs. He opened the door to my room and I was instantly confused. I had booked a king with a sofa and all i saw when i walked in was the living area. He said oh you have been kind of upgraded. This is the penthouse suite. Um yeah it is. The room was phenomenal. the balcony runs along the entire lenght of the suite. Looking out onto redwoods on two sides. Wow is about all i can say. There is a wet bar area, 1 and a half baths, sofa, chairs, two tvs and a bathroom that has a soaking tub and a shower. Seriously, if you are heading to Mill Valley this is the way to do it. The breakfast spread was very nice. Great variety and there are waffles. Plenty of coffee and a staff willing to do whatever they can to accomodate you. If you care for any other kind of coffee there is a shop right next door. Otherwise there are two more right down the street. This Inn is perfectly located within walking distance of some great dining and entertainment. Anytime I come back to Mill Valley this is where I will be staying. Probably not the Penthouse again but it won't matter to me.

Room Tip: Go with the penthouse!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Univax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Booked here to see John Muir Woods and surrounding area. Unfortunately, we slept really poorly, because our room (#4) was right underneath the kitchen. Every few hours, somebody would stomp through the kitchen and woke us up every time. Though that management was completely, understanding and gave us a full refund.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ChicagoNoel
JFlake, Manager at Mill Valley Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear ChicagoNoel,

We are extremely sorry that your stay at the inn was not restful, and we will definitely use the feedback you have provided to address the noise issue with regards to the room you stayed in. We take pride in knowing that our property is a place that people come to enjoy our downtown atmosphere, to relax, and most importantly to get a great night’s sleep. Once again, we are very sorry we could not provide that during your previous stay and we hope that you will give us another chance if you are travelling in the area in the future.

Bryan Pourtabib
Operations Manager
Mill Valley Inn
california
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This inn offers a lovely place to stay while exploring beautiful Marin. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the dining area lovely ( great afternoon wine-time and lovely continental breakfast). Great beds and soaking tubs. However, I'd suggest that visitors avoid rooms 2, 3, and 4, which are sandwiched between the garage and dining area (quite noisy). Definitely a place to splurge and go for the better rooms. I'll do so, next time.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 2, 3, 4
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank christinecalifornia
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We recently returned to the Mill Valley Inn. As I've already reviewed this hotel (April 2012), there's no need to repeat myself. It's still our favorite hotel, but now it's even better. When we arrived in our room, we were greeted by a brandy new Duxiana mattress and the next morning, an improved breakfast area. Justin (General Manager), Paul (still amazing desk manager), Ivanka and all staff members always aim to please. We couldn't ask for a more inviting and wonderful hotel experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank RLIL
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My friend and I stayed here while in town for a friend's wedding. The location was great, the price was reasonable and the staff was very friendly. They offer breakfast in the morning and wine in cheese in the afternoon. It is not a big fancy over the the top hotel but the room was cozy and all in all we truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank travelinghillbilly1
visitor from southern california
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The online pictures of the Mill Valley Inn appealed to me as a special treat and the reality did not disappoint! We stayed in one of the rooms in the back building with big double-hung windows, and a lovely covered porch with chairs overlooking redwoods and a stream (as well as a small parking lot where my husband could see our car, which he appreciated). The room itself felt like we were staying in a lovely home rather than a hotel - nice art on the walls and unique furniture rather than items stamped out by the thousands somewhere in a factory. We were in the area to visit our grown kids and it was a wonderful place to gather. We enjoyed the complementary wine and snacks the Inn offered, and chatted with a nice couple visiting from back east. We then walked just two short blocks downtown for a delicious Italian dinner. The next day we wandered around the shops and found a great lunch at the bookstore/sandwich shop. A gorgeous redwood grove was just up the street, and we could see part of the historic local mill from which Mill Valley gets it's name. Everything was convenient, clean, and comfortable. We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Our room in the charming back building required climbing a steep flight of stairs. If you need easi...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lovethedrisco
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room was big and well-appointed, as was the bathroom. The service was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was pleasant, and the town is awesomely walkable.

My only gripe is that the ceilings/floors are like paper. Our room was positioned below the breakfast room and we could hear every footstep, beginning at around 6 am.

If you're a light sleeper, this is a dealbreaker. If not, enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Try to get the highest possible room because you can hear every single footstep above you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Tiburon
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#2 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Mill Valley Inn? Share your experiences!