“The best in Marin”
Review of Playa

Playa
Ranked #27 of 109 Restaurants in Mill Valley
Reviewed June 21, 2018

I was so happy when Playa opened but was not ready to have my taste bud's blown-away!!! As a 40 year plus vegetarian I can't say enough about the many veg dishes they offer and my wife has every meat and sea food dish to enjoy. Their mole sauce will have you asking for side of extra to cover your plate. Service is some of the best yet not over done. Whatever you do don't pass up the hand made Margaritas, Muy, May, Bien !

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Everything was great! Grilled octopus tacos and oxtails in a delicious mole sauce were the highlights of our meal. The great part about our 'first visit' is that we ordered things we wouldn't ordinarily have anywhere else. Oh the ceviche was also very good! Lots of locals filled the restaurant on a week night, so I'd recommend booking a reservation and not rely on 'winging it'. Good wait staff and the chef was pretty happy that night. Nice meal with friends...

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a happing spot in Mill Valley! This is certainly one of them. The food and the services was excellent! I went there on more than one occasion during my stay in Mill Valley! Every staff member I meet was genuine and super nice! I loved the Bohemia Cod tacos.. yummy! Cheers and thank you to all the friendly staff members!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Went there for dinner and it was 6 of us. The waiter was extremely polite and knowledgable. Cocktails and tequila were great!
We had few types of tacos, which were good.

The atmosphere was nice too. There weren't that many people in the restaurant, so we could hear each other, which was important for the occasion.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

The food was average but the cost was way over the top. Drinks were also very expensive. The server was very personable although a little over familiar.

Date of visit: August 2017