“eating at cardiffs best value for money restaurant”

El Puerto Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Penarth
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“eating at cardiffs best value for money restaurant”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

ate here on recent trip to the capital excellent value for money and great food. Made to feel very welcome will defo visit again when in City

• Visited December 2012

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A great location for that special celebration”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It was here that I decided to take my wife for her birthday (special one) and what a great choice it was to. The Resturant was excellent, the food magnificent and the staff very attentive, although you could not see them the moment you wanted something they were there.
I could not fault the meal, My wife enjoys veal whenever she can find a restaurant that has it on its menu, and this one's veal cutlets were more like mini T bone steaks, the flavour was superb.

Whilst I enjoyed everything there was about the evening, the price sets it as a restaurant that I would use for the all important special occasion and not merely as a place to go to on a regular basis. That said, if I had the money I would be there at least once a week the food was excellent.

• Visited December 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Generally good restaurant, only a few niggles”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

In my experience I have always had good food here. especially the fish which I go for every time, although I have friends who go for the steak every time and have also always been complimentary. The choice of meats and fish, the quality of the food when served and the general feel of the place make it somewhere we will return to.

However (isn't there always one of these?), I have two small features to note which may affect your choice to dine here or not.

Firstly it can be VERY LOUD! the lower level has wood floors and high ceilings and noise echoes and bounces around. The first floor is a bit better. if you come here with someone with less than perfect hearing and the restaurant is busy they may have trouble holding a conversation.

Secondly, no high chairs, whilst I find that hard to believe we have been told that twice, luckily we have a portable one for our toddler. If coming here with little ones check this out in advance.

• Visited October 2012
“Relaxed and enjoyable night”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Simple good food, high on quality, great fun night definetly go again. Food is the highlight. Great venue for chatty groups, you feel like you can relax.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Custom House Penarth Marina”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

As a regular visitor to the custom house, me and my family spent new years eve there and I have to say the food, the service and the quality of the evening was second to none.

We have now rebooked for the same table on the same evening as to be honest, i dont think you have a better seeting, and the quality of food elsewhere.

We have recently moved to dubai, so my family still dine there at least once every two weeks, and we will be happy to return at christmas and receieve the same service we have had many times in the past!

Lets just hope they have plenty of fillet steak and red wine for us lot this year!

Keep up the good work custom house!

• Visited December 2011