“Good food, nice ambience, haphazard service”
Review of Villa Napoli

Villa Napoli
Ranked #16 of 75 Restaurants in Penarth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The atmosphere in the restaurant is excellent, dimly lit (almost to the point that the menus were difficult to read) and with fairy lights.

The food was of high standard - not many pizza options if that's your thing - but lots of pasta, fish, beef and chicken dishes. Vegetarians well catered for too. Dishes are generous portions.

Service needs refining - we were waited on by at least 4 staff who were not generally aware of what stage we were at with our meal. Incorrect dishes arrived initially, and we had to ask twice for our bill (a waitress came to take our order while we were waiting for it). If service was improved I would recommend Villa Napoli for quality and atmosphere.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Having just eaten here I can honestly say that I will NEVER pay for another morsel of food here again!
I had a table booked;,it took 40 minutes to seat us after we asked after the table 2 times!
It then took another 40 minutes to serve our starters after having asked 3 times. The order was wrong but I received no apology, in fact I was pretty much given the impression that sending my food back was a huge mistake!!!
Start to finish the service here was appaling! The food was hugely disappointing and the price tag for Wales is way over priced!!! Fillet steak in the wrong sauce... And you get told that you're wrong thrown in for free? Please... Spare me!!! If you have £100 lying around on a night... Give it to charity instead!!!!! Glendale... Soon to go bust me thinks!!!!

1  Thank rml74
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our second visit and it didn't disappoint. Perfect for a romantic date-night. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and were very eager to please. Make sure you try the mixed starter; smoked salmon, cured meat, whitebait, prawns, crayfish, deep fried Brie and deep fried mushroom. Amazing!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Villa Napoli restaurant Friday evening and I have to say that it was a wonderful and refressing experience. The Villa Napoli was far more authentic than many of the 'chain' restaurants that seem to be everywhere these days and offered a far cosier atmosphere. Staff were attentive and at hand for the most part and the choice of music was wonderful. The bar area became a little crowded during the peak period but this did not affect the atmosphere of the restaurant in fairness.

I ordered the Calamari (squid) and a Lamb shank which were delicious and my wife was equally satisfied with her choices. If you're looking for a 'fine dining' experience then this may not be the place for you. However if you're looking for authentic Italian dishes that are delicious and pleantyful and then I would definitely reconmend it!

As an extra my wife was also given a fresh rose by manager Tony on her way out which made her night!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times as a friend lives locally and I have to say I totally disagree with some of the reviews on here that say the restaurant decor is dated.

There's a difference between dated and charming - this place is the latter! This restaurant is totally full of character and personality which creates a fantastic atmosphere! It's got a rustic family feel about it which makes you feel like you are at home ... except with much better food!

The staff are always friendly and chatty and the food is never less than aaaaamazing!!!

I usually go for the salmon because it is so fresh and the portions are massive but I've also tried the pizzas (yum) and a few pasta dishes (huge portions). I've never had a bad meal here and would recommend this place 100%!