“Brilliant food, service not so great”
Review of Pier 64

Pier 64
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Penarth
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, service not so great”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I visited with my family for Sunday lunch, we were sat straight at our table and the restaurant is beautifully decorated and well situated. It took a while before a waiter took a drinks order and took an extremely long amount of time for our drinks to arrive, we even asked after they brought the wine but none of the soft drinks...
The food was absolutely exceptional, it does look small on the large plates but really was plenty especially with a starter. I had the chicken and it was perfectly cooked as was its accompaniments. Unfortunately a member of our table asked for horse radish sauce which never came so had to do without.
Not cheap, but lovely food in a lovey restaurant.

“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had a rather nice Sunday lunch here on 23rd June.

There were 12 of us in the group - and the service was generally prompt. We did have to wait a while for the wine we ordered but that was because the staff "thought" we wanted it with the main course rather than with the starters - not something we had actually said!

We had all paid a £10 deposit - which hadn't been removed from the first bill they gave us and nor had a rather expensive glass of wine which had been brought by mistake.

So it's worth keeping an eye on the bill - if you don't already.

All in all, very good and I would go back again and would recommend it to friends and family.

“Superb, all around!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food is excellent and the setting is stunning, even more so if you get a sunny day. The staff are so smart and polite, and everything is utter quality, even the condiments have their own little sealed pots. It can be a little pricey if you are choosing steak and then extras, but the £12 burger is the best I have ever had if you fancy a cheaper evening. And the deserts are stunning, my mouth is watering as I write this. I go as often as the purse/diet will allow.

Visited May 2013
Newbridge, United Kingdom
“Very nice but expensive for what it is..”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice but expensive for what it is. Atmosphere lacking somewhat, better on a nice day when you can sit outside after. Reminds me of story of emperors new clothes! :)

• Visited July 2012
“Extremely disappointing. Unhappy to pay good money to be treated with such rudeness, and by the manager!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Visited this smart restaurant for the third time last night. The majority of the food was good, although not good value for money. There were mistakes, which can happen in the best of places, but my disappointment came with the way I was dealt with. In a nutshell my steak was overcooked which was disputed by the staff. The steak I received instead was absolutely freezing cold in the centre. I was told that was how a rare steak should be!!!
Despite our party of nine spending £450 we were given very little attention, most of that was given to the friends of the manager on the table next to us. On leaving the restaurant as no one was bothering to say goodbye or acknowledge us I went to speak to the manager to tell him it was not as good as usual. He completely flew off the handle, raised his voice and arms in the air several times & when I reminded him that I was actually a paying customer he said "I don't care about my customers".
Well good luck to you Monsieur because I will not be visiting your restaurant again any time soon!

2 Thank Tylchaganol